evilfox

hello
i start with my rig, its:
asus m4a79gtd pro/usb3
2x2gb kit kingston hyper-x ddr3
corsair tx v2 650w PSU
phenom2 x4 b55 BE (unlocked 555BE) + thermaltake cooler
gigabyte HD6970 2gb ddr5 256bit

my motherboard temp under load hits 49c (idle 34c-38c)
cpu temp under load 52c-54c (idle 42c-43c)

what is the safe motherboard operating temperature???? isnt my MB temp too high???
as my friend said it shouldnt hit more than 40c

As far as I know it's a normal temperature and you shouldn't worry about that. My friend has a mobo which is working from 40-50C and its fine.

Thats absolutely fine to be honest.

If ambient temperatures are still fairly low outside for the time of year, it might be worth considering additional cooling solutions though.

Are you using the stock AMD CPU cooler?
What case are you using?

for cpu cooling i have thermaltake (the stock one that i had in beggining was bad my cpu then was 65-75c), and for case now i have COMPUCASE 6C28 MIDI TOWER, thinking of getting THERMALTAKE V4 BLACK EDITION MID TOWER

If the ambient temperatures where you live are likely to increase much further, you could see higher temperatures during intense periods of using the hardware, like when gaming for example.

A good case will have plenty of cooling, or space for plenty of cooling fans, including fans at the front of the case, and along with fans at the top and side, as well as the rear, as is the case with most gaming towers.

So in short, if the weather isn't going to get much hotter, don't worry about it! :haha:

Back