Asus motherboard not recognizing modem

Status
Not open for further replies.

needhelpinnz

I am running XP Home SP2 and even though the motherboard I have came with an onboard RJ-45 slot, I can't find it under my Devices in the Hardware Profile. My laptop running Vista has a category called "Modem" which has the laptop's modem, so I figured the desktop running XP would have something similar. Also checked all the other categories and there was still nothing that seemed like it would be the modem.

There is one unknown item called "other pci bridge device" but someone in another forum who had the same motherboard said it was some little extra for the onboard graphics. Can't find the disk at the moment to try and update, but I'm assuming that's not it.

Also looking under my Network Connection and there is no LAN connection even present, just something with MSN.

Any suggestions you have would be great, thanks!

MB: M2N-MX SE Plus
LAN:pHY 100/10 LAN

Go to the ASUS driver support for your motherboard model and for XP and download all the drivers you need and install them. Also get the main board chipset drivers too. Which should be the very first driver you install.

Vista and XP are different when it comes to drivers. If you can't find a driver for your Vista, you might be able to use XP drivers but you'll have to install them manually. Good Luck on that. It might work or might not?

woops, sorry, i didn't mean the modem, i meant the network adapter so i can connect my desktop to the laptop. does that change anything?

No it shouldn't change anything. as topstir says, go to the asus site and download all the drivers for your motherboard and install them.

worked like a charm. took a little while, but i guess i must have accidentally deleted them somehow when i was trying to disable my onboard graphics. thanks for the help!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back