ASUS ROG MAXIMUS VIII wont boot

I was using Firefox and my entire computer shut down. I tried to reboot the computer but it would not turn on. I see no error codes or sound. The only light I see is the start button which is red and that keeps blinking every 6 seconds, it usually stays bright red. I did some self diagnostics.At first I tested the power supply which is a EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 P2 80+ PLATINUM. I tested it with the tool that came with it, the fan turns on no problem. The tool is called EVGA detection tool. I also took out the ram and tested them individually G.SKILL 16GB (2 x 8GB) Ripjaws V Series.

My Cpu is 4.2 GHz Intel Core i7.

made a video explaining my problem

Thanks for any help.

Last edited by a moderator:
PSU or Motherboard? Likely one or the other.

If you assembled this system yourself, You can start by contacting either EVGA about the PSU or ASUS about the motherboard. Since your request for support may turn into an RMA, keep copies of emails and make notes of each step.

Personally, I would start with PSU as it seems you may be able to check it out and eliminate it as the issue in the quickest fashion. However, if your warranty on the mobo is getting towards ending, you might decide to start there.

In my experience, modular power is 'ok', but you have twice as many connections which can come loose. I like to check both ends before taking further steps.

Back