New CPU/mobo/ram, no VGA signal from integrated card

Hi all, could really get some advice on how to fix the problem.

Problem: No VGA signal from the integrated card. The CPU fan is spinning fine.

New PC setup

- (NEW) Intel 12th Gen i5-12600K LGA1700
- (NEW) Corsair 16GB (2x8) CMK16GX4M2B3200C16 DDR4 3200MHz Vengeance LPX DIMM Black
- (NEW) Asus TUF Z690-PLUS Wifi LGA 1700 DDR4 ATX Motherboard
- (EXISTING) Samsung 1 TB M.2 SSD
- (EXISTING) EVGA 750W B2 PSU

The monitor is connected to the M/B via HDMI cable. The monitor and cable is confirmed to be working prior to new components and on existing laptop.

CPU fans and motherboard fans are spinning when powered on.

Only the BOOT Q-LED stays on after power on, CPU/DRAM/VGA Q-LEDs light up after power on but stay off. Do not have BIOS speaker connector so can't diagnostic via it.

ASUS website says to check M2.SSD connected properly. I've checked, it is, and it works before the new components.

My understanding is that the motherboard can still post to BIOS and let me access the setup WITHOUT the SSD. So I don't think it's the SDD causing the lost of VGA signal to monitor.

I have a dedicated graphics card but have not used it yet. So troubleshooting with minimum hardware.

Some other notes

- I need to "press" the power button twice to actually power up the motherboard. Don't know why.
- I upgraded the PC components because I THOUGHT my old CPU/mobo/ram (either one) was broken. The old PC could not even boot up. (my toddler son flicked the power off the wall while my PC was on, and I can no longer start up the machine again) Took the PSU to a shop and it was tested fine. Again, I know the monitor is working because I'm using it now.

Thank you all!

Those K model CPUs do not have integrated video! You need a graphics card =(
??? I've checked again, the K model do have integrated video UHD Graphics 770 (Iris Xe). Only the KF doesn't. I specifically chose K for a "Backup" card in case my dedicated card is gone one day.

Oh my bad...you are right. One of the things I can think of is that there is an extra power lead that goes in near the CPU if that is missing that could be it. Try one stick of RAM maybe? Maybe the RAM is not seated and clipped in all the way?. I did check the Corsair site for you and it says that the ram kit you have is compatible.

You are correct. You don't need a drive of any kind to POST so it is always a good idea to remove as many things as you can for the minimal boot. There could be a BIOS problem like corrupted BIOS. I bet this board supports flashing the BIOS without a successful POST. You would have to read the owners manual to find out.

You could fool around with the input select on the monitor..sometimes they are reluctant to switch.

Oh my bad...you are right. One of the things I can think of is that there is an extra power lead that goes in near the CPU if that is missing that could be it. Try one stick of RAM maybe? Maybe the RAM is not seated and clipped in all the way?. I did check the Corsair site for you and it says that the ram kit you have is compatible.

You are correct. You don't need a drive of any kind to POST so it is always a good idea to remove as many things as you can for the minimal boot. There could be a BIOS problem like corrupted BIOS. I bet this board supports flashing the BIOS without a successful POST. You would have to read the owners manual to find out.

You could fool around with the input select on the monitor..sometimes they are reluctant to switch.
I've attached the 2x4 pins into the CPU as per the m/b manual, and the CPU light on Q-Led does not stay on. Pretty sure the rams are clipped in all the way, and ram lights does not stay on either.

I've just tried keeping the monitor connected to the m/b, removed power plugged, remove CMOS battery and hold power button for 30 secs. Turning back on does not work.

Removing the M.2 SSD does not work either.

Tried different inputs. Really do not know what's going on. :(

Maybe you have a corrupted BIOS somehow? Does that board support QFlash where you can flash a BIOS without booting? I would try that next. Maybe take the motherboard out of the case and try it on the motherboard box?

Back