Asus shares ROG Swift Pro PG248QP monitor specs, highlighted by a 540 Hz refresh rate

Shawn Knight

Staff member
What just happened? Asus has shared more information about its upcoming ultra-fast refresh rate, pro gaming monitor, the ROG Swift Pro PG248QP. The esports-grade gaming accessory was introduced at CES back in January, but some key details were withheld until just recently.

The ROG Swift Pro PG248QP features a 24.1-inch Full HD (1,920 x 1,080) esports TN (E-TN) panel boasting a super speedy 540 Hz refresh rate. According to newly published specs, the non-glare panel affords a 16:9 aspect ratio, 400 nits of peak brightness, 1000:1 contrast ratio, and a 0.2ms GTG response time, and covers 125 percent of the sRGB color space.

Asus' latest additionally supports Nvidia G-Sync and Nvidia Reflex Analyzer, which helps measure system latency. You also get Ultra Low Motion Blur 2 (ULMB 2), a tech that provides enhanced motion blur reduction and can deliver "over 2,000 Hz of effective motion clarity," as well as four filter settings to reduce the amount of harmful blue light.

With GameVisual, you can choose between seven pre-set display modes optimized for different types of content. Modes can be togged using the on-screen settings menu or via a hotkey. The ESS Codec solution, meanwhile, is said to produce lag-free audio and help enhance various sound effects.

The PG248QP utilizes a unique base with retractable feet that can be folded inward to take up less space on your desk. Connectivity-wise, you get a DisplayPort 1.4 DSC (Display Stream Compression) port, two HDMI v2.0 ports, two USB 3.2 Gen 1 Type A ports, and a 3.5mm audio jack.

So, when will you be able to get your hands on the ROG Swift Pro PG248QP and perhaps more importantly, how much will it set you back? Well, that we still do not know. Considering it has been 10 months since it was first announced, however, we have to think it is nearly ready to go. With any luck, perhaps it will hit the market in time for the holidays. As for price, well... it is probably not going to be super affordable.

Permalink to story.

Not sure I need one, but if I had a chance to play a shooter game on a PC that can go this far, I would be very excited to try it.
144hz makes a difference, hardly anyone argues now. Over 3 times as much, interesting indeed.
But at the same time it is a bit sad. There all of these cool technologies coming out, and one thing, one PC part that is required to unleash these features stays expensive af.

Last edited:
Blah blah . 144Hz is enough . More than enough . Who can react in 1/100s , no one . Only will consume energy and cause damage to Nature .
Its not just about frames. With high refresh rates you can use advanced motion blur reduction techniques and get extremely clear motion

Esports grade LOL

Only *****s buying these are streamers, if they even need to, their ***** followers or maybe some ***** rich person.
I say ***** cause you'd have to be one to think that a monitor will somehow make you better. Here's a hint, it wont.

There are tons of gaming monitors under $200 that will do the job just fine. Don't waste money on things that won't help you.

They still make such tiny monitors, and knowing Asus, I bet it won't be cheap.

Earth to Asus: The 1990s called and they want their 24 inch monitors back.

Blah blah . 144Hz is enough . More than enough . Who can react in 1/100s , no one . Only will consume energy and cause damage to Nature .
Imagine wasting money and power to not be a noob! Don't believe Nvidia's marketing that you need 500 fps to be good at gaming.
I'm gaming at 120 fps 4k cx oled, for me this is a perfect balance anything more is gravy.
Gamers should find their own personal threshold instead of buying into the marketing hype!

Not sure I need one, but if I had a chance to play a shooter game on a PC that can go this far, I would be very excited to try it.
144hz makes a difference, hardly anyone argues now. Over 3 times as much, interesting indeed.
But at the same time it is a bit sad. There all of these cool technologies coming out, and one thing, one PC part that is required to unleash these features stays expensive af.
The thing is humans aren't ai, we don't respond to 3x improvement in frames linearly ( compared to the resources used). In my observation and personal experience once you reach your personal threshold of input latency everything else is in a plautau affect.
Take home message find your own personal threshold vs marketing bs!

My god so many frames to be thrown away ,you have to be masturbating every day 4 to 10 times to deep that far in to sh .t and they know it !! MY GOD so much stupidity in a monitor that just exist for the lower brain !!!if you can afford it as part of your setup good for you and for them ,if you can think them you won't need it !!Next best thing is a 240 hz monitor wich is affordable Haa not even that for the middle class ,it is funny how they managed to convince people that even that is need it!! FFS not even 4090 will get you there ,are we talking about the 1 percent of gamers!??!??

Tbf this monitor is aimed at esport players who play CSGO, R6S etc where the game engines can easily hit 500fps with the right settings and hardware.

Great article. It definitely raises more questions. The irony is that Nvidia wants to fill these frames with what exactly frame generation and upscaling techniques that defetes the purpose of this ideal image quality at 1000 fps per 1 blurry pixel frame. Also higher resolution and larger displays need more techniques to improve motion clarity vs lower resolution and smaller displays. 1000 fps is the sweet spot as per article? In an ideal world yes but in reality and our lifetime probably we might not actually achieve this especially at the higher resolutions to keep the immersion at the maximum. 4k 240 hz oled with dp 2.1 are probably around the corner and will likely have graphics hardware to match around the rumores Blackwell release date ( previously q1 2025 to now q3 2025 as per Moore'slawisdead yt channel this week'spodcast).
While an ideal monitor is probably a 16k monitor with 1000 fps and 10k nits of brightness, in reality every solution requires some compromise. Compromise in resolution, refresh rate, display technology ( oled, qd oled, va, tn, ips, microled, etc), hdr capabilities, and even motion clarity. Imo it's better to go for the affordable and practical solution in front of us then the ideal set ups that can be measured in a lab today.

Tbf this monitor is aimed at esport players who play CSGO, R6S etc where the game engines can easily hit 500fps with the right settings and hardware.
Gamer's Nexus just dropped a CS2 benchmark
I wonder how much power that i9 13900K set up is using to get to that 1080 low 400 fps average 🤔? 600 watts plus to play at potatoe graphics using an 4090 an i9 13900K because motion clarity 😅.

Back