U50vg
Processor
Intel® Core™2 Duo Processor P8700 2.53GHz
Chipset
Mobile Intel® PM45 Express Chipset +ICH9M
Memory
4GB DDR2 800 MHz SDRAM (Max: 4GB)
Display
15.6" HD (1366x768) AI Light Sensor embedded LED backlight ColorShine, Asus Splendid Video Intelligent Technology
Video Graphics & Memory
NVIDIA® GeForce® G 105M with 512MB VRAM
Hard Drive
500GB SATA 5400rpm
Optical Drive
DVD Super Multi
price :$1694AUD

there isn't any deep reviews about this laptop that i can find, i was wondering if anyone can share some light on what they think (i reckon this ones design wise looks quite nice and stylish then the N50vc)

N50vc
Processor & Cache Memory
Intel® Core™2 Duo Processor P8700: 2.53GHz, 1066MHz, 6/3MB On-Die L2 Cache
Chipset
Mobile Intel® PM45 Express Chipset +ICH9M
Main Memory
4GB DDR2 800MHz (Max: 4GB)
Display
15.4" WXGA LED Panel AI Light Sensor embedded
Video Graphics & Memory
NVIDIA® GeForce® 9300M GS with 512MB VRAM
Hard Drive
SATA 500GB 5400rpm
Optical Drive
DVD SuperMulti
price: $1653AUD

im getting the laptop mainly for schooling and light gaming
both are some what similar in specs price difference is not big, im not so sure which one to choose
I'm just wondering whether anybody else has seen this laptop in action and can comment?
Can anyone recommend a similar laptop for under 2k budget ?

2c

I've had only good experiences with Asus so far and I've piled up 4 notebooks from them over the years.

The choices you have seem decent enough for school work and light gaming in the next couple of years. The specs are also virtually identical so between those 2 I'd say toss a coin. The resolution and video board on the U50 are ever so slightly less than the N50 but then the overall design is sleeker and the price difference is a rather negligible fraction of the total cost.

I'd also take a look at the M50 series offerings in your area... something along the lines of this. The price range should be the same as on your initial choices but many of the screens in this series seem to have a native resolution of 1680x1050 which is really, really nice. You get a significant amount of extra desktop space and HD movies and games look much sharper too.

Hey Ender thanks for your advice
my decision was the U50, favored it over design, over all im quite happy with it as i am using it right now

cheers mate~! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back