Athlon 64 "CG"???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Julio Franco

Staff member
French, well Canadian, system integrator friends of The INQ tell us that the "CG" revision of Athlon 64 brings greater performance via "2T memory timing enhancements that will enable support of higher density and/or higher frequency memory modules".

Additionally, forthcoming "CG" revisions of the AMD Athlon 64 will not require identically paired DDR DIMM modules for the second and third slots in mainboards with three DIMM slots. Expect "CG" revisions of Athlon 64 to start rolling from the AMD’s fabrication facilities before the start of Q2 this year.

Read more: The Inquirer.

This chip is coming out in more flavors than Baskin-Robbins icecream. I think it's a shame, they're diluting the line so much that it has become too confusing to even bother buying until they settle on a few good chip designs.

Originally posted by Tarkus
This chip is coming out in more flavors than Baskin-Robbins icecream. I think it's a shame, they're diluting the line so much that it has become too confusing to even bother buying until they settle on a few good chip designs.

But, if continually releasing updated designs results in lower overall prices, I'm for it. Makes for MUCH happier me. :D

My $.02

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back