Not open for further replies.
I just purchased a ATI 9800 pro 128 retail
My system...
p4p800
p4 - 2.8e
2 512 geil ram
2 80 gig harddrives
amd the ati card

My problem is when I run 3dmark03 I get checkerd blocks on screen artifacts, this really shows on the troll demo part and the space Doom3 looking demo. I have installed the latest Catilist drivers and my MotherBoard has the latest bios from Asus. Any advice??????

Also side note,
Quake 3 appears to have NO artifacts when I play and run timedemos.

Oh my god, I CANNOT stress enough, DO NOT UPGRADE YOUR BIOS UNLESS YOU HAVE TO FOR YOU HARDWARE TO WORK. Sorry, but it's usless to do that. Use older Catalyst drivers, 3.10 are my favorite (4.0 drivers claim an unfair advantage in benchmarking) Find your latest GART or mini-port drivers and install those, then install you graphics driver. If your overclockingthe card, don't, the card is prolly flaking at the higher speeds. Make sure your card is seated properly in the AGP slot. Reseat the card once every 3 or four weeks to ensure optimal contact, clean out the case as well. Then set base settings for you card in the systems BIOS, set AGP speed to 66Mhz and no higher, if your overclocking the sytem, hold back on it, its better to have a slower working system than one that hardly works at all at higher speeds.

also on a side note, make sure you have DirectX 9.0b installed, and turn AA and AF down when running those tests.

I did all that stuff you sujested and talked with ATI on the phone. I was told the card was defective and to send it in for replacemnet. When I get the new card in I will post results.....

PS - Thanks for all the advise Hitman =D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back