ATI All-In-Wonder 9600 video card won't run on Asus A7N8X-X MOBO

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have been very happy with my Asus A7N8X-X MOBO but recently I have become frustrated. I bought my wife a ATI All-In-Wonder 9600 video card for Christmas, and I can not even get a boot up signal (ie BLACK SCREEN)from the Card during POST. Can't even get into Bios. I put my old card in and can troubleshoot, but can't figure it out. I uninstalled pervious ATI rage drivers and software, updated GART (AGP driver) and other Geforce2 drivers (per ATI instruction) to v5.10 from the Nvidia website, updated Mother board Bios to v1010, and contacted ATI and they claim that the something isn't configured right on my display settings in Bios, but can't tell me what it is. I've been looking all over google trying to find others who may have had this same problem, but no luck. I have made sure that AGP 8X is enabled in Bios, verified that Bios AGP voltage is set to V1.5 per video card specs, and even tried running the card with AGP8 disabled, but still just get a black screen on powerup. If anyone has any ideas or articles that they could point me too, that would be AWESOME.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back