ATI Graphics Cards Moved-Need Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

ThrasherFan22

As many of you have already seen, ParadoX has a stickied thread that contains a link to a site that can run through your system specs to see if you meet system requirements for certain games. According to the test, my OS, RAM, and CPU speed meet the "reccomended" test for AION, and shows whether or not I could play with fairly high, if not maxed visual settings. What does not meet the test is, of course, my graphics card.

The sites program reccomends 2 graphics cards. "NVIDIA GeForce 6800 with 256MB RAM / ATI Radeon X800 with 256MB or higher". The problem is, I searched for both on newegg and their respective sites but was unable to locate the cards.

I don't see what happened to the NVIDIA card, although I know it is most likely not produced anymore because it is outdated. On the other hand, when I searched ATI's site, it came back saying,

"AMD has moved a number of DX9 ATI Radeon™ graphics accelerators products to a legacy driver support structure. This change impacts Windows XP, Windows Vista, and Linux distributions. AMD has moved to a legacy software support structure for these graphics accelerator products in an effort to better focus development resources on future products."

To cut to the specifics of my post, what are the more recent NVIDIA or ATI cards that would run AION and other games fairly well, if not extremely well and at a reasonable price, even if it is outdated by a year or so. Also, and more importantly, I need to find a card that can fit into a compact case/tower. My current PC is a Dell XPS from around 2005.

One thing that, for whatever reason, just hit me, would it be possible to move my current hardware into a larger and more spacious case that would allow for more upgrading room?

Thanks techspot community, and I really hope someone replies soon :D

Awesome, thanks. And I'll check on Monday with our computer guy to see what can be done with the small tower and see if he has one of those cards at his office. If not, I'll order one off newegg.

Aion, L4D, Fallout 3 GOTY, and Mass Effect, here I come :D

Thanks again

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back