ATI Radeon HD 2400 PRO

Status
Not open for further replies.
hello i just installed the ATI radeon hd 2400 pro hisdigital (dot) com/html/product_ov.php?id=331&view=yes video card. Everything went perfectly. But when i started a game i lost my sound suddenly. So i looked there my device manager and seen that my onboard sound card and the video card sound thing were both on. So i disabled the video cards sound and went on from there. but after a reboot i discovered my onboard sound was not working anymore. so i checked out my volume Control option and it gave me a message that there was no active mixer. I then uninstall my video card and tryed to restore my onboard sound. I rebooted and got nothing. So i went to dxdiag, i discovered this DirectSound test results: Failure at step 3 (DirectSoundCreate): HRESULT = 0x88780078 (No driver)
.for the realtec AC97. Help?

Damn, i remember this going on with my gateway computer years ago. I forgot how to fix it, but has nothing to do with your video card. Try resinstall the drivers for the soundcard.

Go to your PC manufacturer's website and download the latest Realtec AC97 drivers and reinstall.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back