atlantis sapphire ati 9500 problems

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was wondering if anyone can help me which this problems as i dont know alot about video cards. Ive had my ati9500 for about a year now and when i run games the pixels go all strange like in this screenshot i took http://img229.imageshack.us/img229/2586/shot000022dc.jpg
It even happens on websites now. Ive changed the fan on the card as i thought it might not be cool enough but still the same so i was wondering if it was screwed up ?

hey dude, i took a look at that screenshot, which was handy, now i'm not a pro or anything, but my suggestions would be one of two things. either try and update the graphics card drivers, and see if that helps, and/or it could be that your graphics card is overheating. I used to have an old 9250SE a while back, and that overheated regularly, when starting games, trying to play too high end graphics on a low end cheap card. and gave me very similar pixelated problems... just a couple of idea's... hope it helps...

Thanks for the info :D ill try a new fan also i was looking around on the net and i heard you need a good psu for these sort of cards and i checked mine and it its only a 230w psu should i bet a much better one ?

Heat

That really looks like a heat issue to me as well. I would look at the ventilation of your system and see if maybe your internal temp is getting too high. Does the problem happen immediately or only after a bit of gaming?

Yeah it does happen from the very start im sure it must be my system getting to hot. i was planning on getting a new case and heatsink but ill get ill get them sooner and a new fan for the video card.

hey uum it might not just be your system getting too hot, it might just be your graphics card... or perhaps as you suggest the psu of the graphics requires higher power usage... especially when gaming. you should check that out, the psu requirements of your graphics card, the pus requirement of your system, and then check out what kind've psu you have. usually a 450w psu should do you pretty good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back