Audio/ASIO Expert help needed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi, I have an Acer T180 which for the last year or so I have been running Propellerheads Reason on. I have been interfacing with an Alesis io/2 and using the io/2 driver. I`ve never been able to get latency lower than 52ms and occasionally the audio output would become really badly distorted and un-listenable.

I thought this was mostly down to the sempron 1.8ghz processor and the 512meg ram. At Christmas my good lady upgraded me with an Asus M4N78-AM motherboard, an AMD Athlon II dual core 3ghz processor and 2ghz ram which would put an end to all my woes. Add to this Cubase 5 and my days are forever happy..............NOT SO! Cubase won`t play ball at all and just `buzzes!` through my Prodipe Ribbon8 monitors. Kontakt occasionaly `loses audio output and I get very sad and frustrated!

I`ve spoken with the nice people at Alesis and they`ve taken the io/2 in for a look.In the meantime I got a Lexicon Alpha, installed the driver and low and behold the same stuff all over again. I`ve ran DPC Latency Checker and while Cubase boots i get 2 spikes well into the red (4ooo+) and when I shut down Cubase 3 or 4 spikes at 4ooo+ . If I disable `Standard OpenHCD USB Host Controller` in Device Manager the spikes go away.

I`m currently running all my audio apps through the on board card but this is obviously only of use as a temp solution.I hope I`ve givern all the info that you wizzards need to help me and eagerly await your pearls of wisdom.

Thank you, PaulE.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back