Audio device no sound

Status
Not open for further replies.

playboy

I HAVE RECENTLY INSTALL WINDOWS XP PROFESSIONAL AND THERE IS NO SOUND IT SAYS NO AUDIO DEVICE SOMEBODY HELP ME THESE ARE MY COMPUTER DETAILS.

omputer:
Operating System Microsoft Windows XP Professional
OS Service Pack Service Pack 3
DirectX 4.09.00.0904 (DirectX 9.0c)
Computer Name PCV
User Name Prem

Motherboard:
CPU Type AMD Athlon XP, 2000 MHz (15 x 133) 2400+
Motherboard Name MSI MS-6786 (3 PCI, 1 AGP, 1 CNR, 2 DIMM, Audio, Video, LAN)
Motherboard Chipset VIA VT8378 UniChrome KM400
System Memory 192 MB (PC2700 DDR SDRAM)
BIOS Type Award (06/26/03)
Communication Port Communications Port (COM1)
Communication Port Communications Port (COM2)
Communication Port ECP Printer Port (LPT1)

Display:
Video Adapter VIA/S3 UniChrome
3D Accelerator VIA/S3 UniChrome

Multimedia:
Audio Adapter VIA AC'97 Enhanced Audio Controller

Storage:
IDE Controller VIA Bus Master IDE Controller
Floppy Drive Floppy disk drive
Disk Drive MAXTOR STM3802110A (74 GB, IDE)
Optical Drive _NEC DVD_RW ND-1300A (DVD+RW:4x/2.4x, DVD-RW:4x/2x, DVD-ROM:12x, CD:16x/10x/40x DVD+RW/DVD-RW)
SMART Hard Disks Status OK

Partitions:
C: (NTFS) 35000 MB (31250 MB free)
D: (NTFS) 41307 MB (41226 MB free)
Total Size 74.5 GB (70.8 GB free)

Input:
Keyboard Standard 101/102-Key or Microsoft Natural PS/2 Keyboard
Mouse HID-compliant mouse

Network:
Network Adapter VIA Compatable Fast Ethernet Adapter (82.44.170.121)
Modem Smart Link 56K Voice Modem

Peripherals:
Printer Microsoft XPS Document Writer
USB1 Controller VIA VT83C572 PCI-USB Controller
USB2 Controller VIA USB 2.0 Enhanced Host Controller
USB Device USB Human Interface Device

So after installing Windows did you install all your drivers including the sound driver?

Did this computer come with a driver CD? Did you buy this new? In what country?

Try searching for your drivers on this website: Packard Bell. It is the Packard Bell website for Belgium. I can't read it myself because it appears to be in Dutch.

allright i chek right now

u can chek the language here

i allready chek this website my computer is not listed

Hmmm... Looks like Packard Bell dropped support for you model on their website :(

Two other thoughts

1) Go to PB website. Under support click the Customer Care Portal and email them to see if they might be able to provide you the download files you need

2) I can try to hunt down a driver for you online but I don't know if i will be successful or not (but am willing to give it a try)
  • Make sure all your devices are connected and powered on
  • Click Start->Run, enter: msinfo32. Click the + sign next to Components to expand it
  • Click Problem Devices. Anything appear?
  • If yes, click on it, Ctrl-A to select all, Ctrl-C to copy it, Ctrl-V to paste into next post

i copy this . i don't have even video device install

multimedia audio controller PCI\VEN_1106&DEV_3059&SUBSYS_D0021631&REV_50\3&61AAA01&0&8D The drivers for this device are not installed.
Video Controller (VGA Compatible) PCI\VEN_1106&DEV_7205&SUBSYS_D0021631&REV_01\4&1FEB96E4&0&0008 The drivers for this device are not installed.
-

can u try it pls for me

Hmmm.. I'm not 100% sure about this one, but let's try this Packard Bell audio driver. Download here then run the executable. You may need also need to reboot.

Let me know if it works or not

Also...

1) Still try contacting Packard Bell through their website as they might still be able to send you the complete set of drivers
2) In worst case if i can't find the drivers
> You can Google usb sound card to find many cheap usb sound card options
> You can also post a new thread in the audio/video forum for advice about video cards (if you should also need to get an addon video card for cheap)

But in the meantime, let me know about the driver above and i can still look further for video and audio if need be

OK.. I didn't see a normal Windows installer file included among the files extracted from that Packard Bell download file so I wasn't sure if it would install on it's own...

So, let's next try this: Look on your computer for file C:\pnp\audio\Alcxwdm1.inf. Rt click, click Install. Then reboot and test again
(fyi: The download file i gave you extracted its files to folder C:\pnp\audio\)

If still a problem, post a new Problem Devices again
  • Click Start->Run, enter: msinfo32. Click the + sign next to Components to expand it
  • Click Problem Devices. Anything appear?
  • If yes, click on it, Ctrl-A to select all, Ctrl-C to copy it, Ctrl-V to paste into next post

then also generate and attach a DirectX report
  • click Start->Run, enter dxdiag
  • Notice progress in lower left window corner
  • When done, click Save Information button and save to your Desktop
  • In TechSpot, use the paper clip icon to attach the report. (If you don't see icon you may need to first click Go Advanced)

A simple alternative is to install a PCI sound card. Have you considered that?

<snip>
Also..
2) In worst case if i can't find the drivers
> You can Google usb sound card to find many cheap usb sound card options
> You can also post a new thread in the audio/video forum for advice about video cards (if you should also need to get an addon video card for cheap)
I agree. Alternate sound and video cards have also been suggested...

And such a good suggestion that it bore repeating. :) OK, I did miss that.

OK, I did miss that.

No worries... i miss plenty myself (let alone sometimes forgettin detail between threads! :p )

If we were playing a game of Hangman, i think i already have the A and L in Alzheimer's! :)

@playboy
My best guess was that last audio driver should've worked. So you might try emailing Packard Bell and/or looking at cheap USB sound cards... i haven't looked at video drivers for your machine yet but you might still be best starting with emailing Packard Bell support and and also ask on video/audio forum about video addon card options.. i can still take a look for video drivers but you might be best to start with PB support as doesn't seem many drivers for your computer seem available online :( but i can still look a bit more if you want

Hi Playboy

I had one more thought that's worth double checking if might apply since you're running XP...

Rt click My Computer->Properties->Hardware
> Click Driver Signing button

If it's set to Block, the audio driver probably won't install.
> Set it to Warn
> Check Make this action the defualt. Click OK

This makes sure you're prompted whenever a digitally unsigned driver is installed in XP. If set to Block unsigned drivers won't get installed (nor do you get a message)

/* edit */
If it was blocked, the rt click the INF file again, select Install then reboot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back