Audio issues in difficult to run video games

So I've had this issue with my headphones for the longest time. If I'm in a fairly difficult to run game (at least on lower spec systems) like The Division 2 Open Beta for example, my sound will simply die out randomly for an indefinite amount of time. To fix this problem I unplug, then plug back in my headphones. As far as I can tell, the sound will not automatically fix itself without me unplugging/replugging my headphones. It also happens if I'm running a game such as Destiny 2, for example, and I'm either listening to a youtube video or a twitch stream in the background. This leads me to believe it could be some kind of overheating problem and my system simply needs to be upgraded? Or maybe it's a headphone problem in which case I have the Etekcity Scroll Gaming Headset H7PX+. It constantly happens in the division, while it will only happen in Destiny 2 if I'm running other stuff in the background. Once it happens once it starts happening more often. My computer specs are pretty lowish, but decent enough to run some very new games. Hopefully more info is better because I tried to give as much info as I could. Any help is wildly appreciated. <3

I would suspect aged connectors for your audio. The system doesn't detect insert/disconnect of the headphones so IMO, it's more likely a physical issue.

Back