Audio skipping on my laptop

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a problem where my audio skips when viewing movies using any media player (VLC, DivX, WMP). I recently had to revert back to Windows XP after Vista after a failed attempt at installing Windows 7 and it seems to be since then. Can anyone help?

Have you installed the appropriate driver for your onboard audio / or sound card (which ever is the case) ? Or are you using the generic windows driver ?

Archean ... sorry but I'm not too well up on fixing my own problems so please bear with me. I reinstalled a new version of the Realtek High Definition driver yesterday. My music plays fine using iTunes etc its only when I watch video clips/movies that the sound skips. Any suggestions?

it looks like a broken codec. have you tried codec pack?

last but not least, make sure your laptop power setting is set to high performance, with all the essential options set to max performance.

Which media player you are using?

I personally prefer Windows Media Player Home Cinema (which contains almost all the formats you may ever need) and is very easy to use. However, VLC player and CCCP codec Pack are just as good IMHO.

Lastly, nismo's suggestion about setting your notebook performance to maximum is very good one, as sometimes if you have it set in 'Power saving' mode you may encounter such issues. Regards

I'm using K-Lite Codec Pack standard, it contains the MPC-HC mentioned. tried the mega and full, they are overkill for me. lots of tools which i don't need.

Once I have a wrong configuration in ffdshow decoder. I had complete noise when playing AVCHD videos in wmp, mpc or powerdvd. nah i think he might want to check his codecs settings, just in case...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back