Backdoor.tidserv!inf

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chessia

I LOVE to download viruses...help!

EDIT: Member has been advised that subject has been changed from "As my boyfriend says.." to name of malware being found.

Does your google search page look like (see attachment) you are trying to avoid infection? :approve:

Attachments

• AVG site preface.bmp
    199.6 KB · Views: 2
Chessia, if you would like us to check the system for malware:

Please give us a description of what problems you're having. (Leave boyfriend out)

Follow the steps in the preliminary virus and malware removal threads HERE.

When finished, please attach all 3 logs to your next reply and we will review them.

NOTE: Read the directions for the programs carefully. Pay particular attention to the lines in both Malware bytes and Superantispyware to remove what they find.

Don't remove anything in the HijackThis log- we will instruct you on that.

And note, when asking for help in a computer forum, please make the subject more appropriate to the nature of the problem.

sorry, I thought this was the 'introduction' forum, and we weren't supposed to put complaints here. i posted a detailed description of the problem with a tag of backdoor.tidserv!inf and am about to go through the steps. Thanks so much.

ps... to UCould2: no! I don't intentionally download viruses! ha ha. thanks.

Please note: I have changed the subject of your thread to something more appropriate.

Former subject: "
As my boyfriend says.."

You installed a firewall only. You still don't have an antivirus program. Please install either Avira or Avast from the links given. Reboot the computer when through and rescan with HijackThis.

I also note the you have 2 HijackThis logs, the second one shows decrease of 12KB, meaning you have removed some entries. While the other 2 programs do have a line to check for removal of the entries that are found, HijackThis does not. Please wait for us to advise you on which-if any entries to remove in HijackThis.

i posted a detailed description of the problem with a tag of backdoor.tidserv!inf
Please include that description in this thread.

Well, I ran avast and it seemed to find some items. I also ran the CClean software suggested on this site. I decided to restart my computer. It took a while as it said it was installing updates 1-64. It did not restart. It is now showing a message that WINDOWS\system32\c_1252.nls is missing or corrupt. I don't have the Windows XP setup CD because the comp came with windows preinstalled. Should I just reformat my entire computer? I keep running into dead ends when I press the 'lenovo thinkpad button' to do a system restore. thank you! im so confused!

oh, i guess <Windows root>\system32\hal.dll is also missing or corrupt and normal reboot cannot happen.

Hi Bobbye, The computer will not restart/reboot to Windows. It stops on a blackscreen that says it cannot reboot becasue either WINDOWS\system32\c_1252.nls or <Windows root>\system32\hal.dll is corrupt or missing. If I press escape then it begins the 'reboot process' but comes to this prompt screen if I do not press the Thinkpad button or F8. I am able to get to the Lenovo Thinkpad menu, but cannot restore the system to a previous backup point. It will not start up in safe mode, or any of the other options available when I press F8. Is this more clear?

Before this happened the computer was working really well, except the sound was not working.

I guess it is important to say that Microsoft Windows lists many steps you can take to fix the problem if you have a Windows XP setup CD. Unfortunately I do not because it came pre-installed on my computer.

You will need to check with the information that came with your computer. There should be a way that you can boot to the Recovery Console.

Found on Yahoo answers:
You have to have a recovery disk to get into the recovery console. I believe the Lenovo is like ACER laptops you were supposed to have created a recovery disk after you purchased it before you did any changing or adding programs to it.

Have you tried the lenovo websites for a solution? http://www-307.ibm.com/pc/support/site.w…

http://www-307.ibm.com/pc/support/site.w…

Recovery DVD here>> http://www-307.ibm.com/pc/support/site.w…

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back