BAD_POOL_CALLER reoccuring BSOD w/minidumps

Status
Not open for further replies.
For a little over a month now I have been receiving numerous BAD_POOL_CALLER BSODs. The result is aggravating me to no end as I cannot figure out the cause but hours of internet searching has led me to rule out certain choices. I have verified all my drivers, and run several memtests, all of them come up clean. However, I still do not know how to sift through the minidump files with a debugger so perhaps you will have more luck. Please, I hope you'll find the solution to my problem. I run Windows 7 Home Premium, and I recently upgraded from Windows Vista.

Attachments

• 012510-18423-01.zip
    182.7 KB · Views: 3
Six of your minidumps were read and all six are the same error 0x000000C2: BAD_POOL_CALLER
A kernel-mode process or driver incorrectly attempted to perform memory operations. Typically, a faulty driver or buggy software causes this.

All six cited the Realtek Wireless LAN PCIE Network Adapter driver RTL8187Se.sys as the cause for your system crashes. Update the drivers.

Thank you very much! It was extremely difficult to find a driver update but I did. Only time will tell if this will fix the problem 100% but Im sure itll make the difference. Thank you again for taking the time to fix my problem!

Well it seems even after I updated my drivers I still get the same BSOD after leaving my computer alone for a little while. Odd thing is now there is no minidump for the latest BSOD, but it was the same 0,0C2 error and im fairly certain its from the same wifi driver. Any ideas?

EDIT: Perhaps if you could point me in the right direction to find the correct drivers, I would be more successful. I realize this is kind of doing all the work for me but again its infinitely appreciated. Also: my minidump debug says the problem is vwififlt.sys. Any ideas?

Is this a pre-built system? If so, the best way to update is to go to your manufacturer's website and update from there.

Also to what Route44 as mentioned ,, its not good practice to Update from Vista to win7 that alone can cause more problems , i would recoomend if you can't find the problem maybe do a FRESH format and full install of win 7 and not do the update route..

hope this helps a little

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back