Battle of the browsers

What Web Broswer Do You Use?

• Windows Internet Explorer (Any Version)

Votes: 1 5.9%
  • Apple Safari (Any Version)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Mozilla Firefox (Any Version)

Votes: 8 47.1%
  • Google Chrome (Any Version)

Votes: 6 35.3%
  • A.O.L. Explorer (Any Version)

• Opera (Any Version)

Votes: 2 11.8%
  • Maxthon (Any Version)

• Total voters

Zen

I was just sitting here thinking to myself, "I wonder what all of my colleagues here on TechSpot use as their primary web browser?"

So here it is, the question, what web browser do you consider to be your primary vehicle as a means to surf the world wide web?

I am providing the best poll options that I can off the top of my head. If your browser didn't make the poll, than please feel free to post what browser you do use. Also if you would like to say a few words, after voting about your browser, like what makes it great for you, feel free to tell us that stuff as well.

"Thank you for your time here folks, this should be interesting"!

My default browser is Firefox, but I also have & use SeaMonkey, Opera & Google Chrome. They're all good, none are perfect. I use SeaMonkey the most.:)

My default browser is Firefox, but I also have & use SeaMonkey, Opera & Google Chrome. They're all good, none are perfect. I use SeaMonkey the most.:)

Well I guess the old adage is correct, "we learn something new every day"! Up until reading your response I had never heard of this SeaMonkey thing. This might give me something new to investigate, as far as web browsers are concerned.

Thanks for info and thanks for participating in this poll! :)

You're welcome. When I first heard of it, I tried to visualize a SeaMonkey. Its just a browser in the Mozilla family. Its icon kinda looks like a bird. Enjoy.

I have a mixed mac and pc household. I use Opera on Windows and OS X as my primary browser - I've been using it since it was ad supported (or pay to remove ads), that was back when IE5 was out and Netscape was on the downhill (NN3 was still years before this). So I've stuck with Opera because I've gotten so used to it.

I primarily use a Mac laptop for browsing casually in my living room, Firefox began to gain a lot of popularity several years ago as you all know, but when I tried it on my Powerbook G4 it was horribly slow compared to Opera. I tried to use Safari, but I don't like how it looks on Windows and I wanted a consistent browsing experience between Mac and PC, so Opera it stayed.

I now have a much faster Macbook Pro, but I don't even have FF installed.

I do have TenFourFox on my super old PowerMac G4 (533Mhz G4) and I think it feels faster than Safari, and it gives me the benefits of FF 4. It is also the only option for running FF4 on a ppc Mac.

Aw... I don't just use Chrome, I also use Firefox as well. I am thinking of going back to Firefox because of the cool add-ons they support. Can I vote two times? lol. :)

I gave Google Chrome a try over a year ago. At first it was looking pretty good, but some where down the line it lost it's appeal to me. I gave it a good run, like 3-4 months worth of using Chrome, but again I lost the taste in my mouth for it. I then switched back to Firefox and have never really looked back.

And abe10tiger, you can't vote twice, sorry, but we will put your vote towards Firefox and consider it an "honourable mention"! :)

I have a mixed mac and pc household. I use Opera on Windows and OS X as my primary browser - I've been using it since it was ad supported (or pay to remove ads), that was back when IE5 was out and Netscape was on the downhill (NN3 was still years before this). So I've stuck with Opera because I've gotten so used to it.

Same, I liked it so much I bought an adfree version back then :)
Love the mouse gesture system in Opera, other than that there isn't a hell of a lot between browsers (unless you talk about HTML5 support, SVG support etc.). At work I also use Opera as my default, but IE for most work stuff but also have Chrome, Firefox and Safari installed for compatibility testing. Safari on Windows is so slow to start compared to all the others..

As I'm sure we all know, NO browser is perfect. Of my current browsers, I prefer SeaMonkey. Opera takes too long to load so I'll probably be getting rid of it soon.
One thing I do like about Opera, is clicking the key to login.

back when IE5 was out and Netscape was on the downhill

Internet Explorer 5, I forget, which package was that a part of? Was it Windows 95 or the first edition of Windows 98?

And Netscape, I remember when a lot of people were playing around with that browser. At the time it was all the rage, something other than I.E., I remember tinkering with it, it was ok.

FireFox

I gave Google Chrome a try over a year ago. At first it was looking pretty good, but some where down the line it lost it's appeal to me. I gave it a good run, like 3-4 months worth of using Chrome, but again I lost the taste in my mouth for it. I then switched back to Firefox and have never really looked back.

And abe10tiger, you can't vote twice, sorry, but we will put your vote towards Firefox and consider it an "honourable mention"! :)

lol. the only reason I started using Chrome because it's faster and would open real quick unlike Firefox. You guys know why? because my laptops an antique..... a very old antique. It's as slow as a turtle.

But don't get me wrong, I still consider Firefox to be my number one browser. It's still the best for me. I do have the portable edition of Firefox which is a bit fast. (in my laptop)

If ever I do get a new laptop, I'm so getting Firefox.

Cheers for Firefox! :)

Internet Explorer 5, I forget, which package was that a part of? Was it Windows 95 or the first edition of Windows 98?
It wasn't in 95, although you might have been able to get it for it. Think it made its first appearance with the launch of 98, although I am not 100% sure.

It wasn't in 95, although you might have been able to get it for it. Think it made its first appearance with the launch of 98, although I am not 100% sure.

Just to let you know that you hit the nail on the head there buddy! Your guess that I.E. 5 launched with Windows 98 was accurate. It appears that I.E. version 1.0 launched with Windows 95.

Heck if anyone's interested I found the complete history of Microsoft Internet Explorer, you can give it a look by clicking on the provided link.....

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/internet-explorer/products/history

Back