Battlefield Vietnam

Status
Not open for further replies.

vassil3427

I used to love to play BF1942....But I just cannot wait for Battlefield Vietnam. I plan on picking it up the day of release, I was just wondering if anyone else here was looking into getting this game. I think it looks awesome.:D

Ye, im looking forward to it, been playing BF and Desert Combat for a year and a bit now, and its the most emmersive gaming experience out there imo.

Hope BF:Vietnam has napalm and stuff, those Huey choppers look really cool too (dont think they'll touch DC's Apache's tho)

Dont think its gonna offer BF players much tho, the screenshots they have released are unrealistically good, the actual game never looks as good as the hype screenshots they release, i think its gonna be more like an add-on than a sequal.

I have such a love/hate relationship with EA Games, they pretty much abandoned us BF players when it dsperately needed patching, and they then released a couple of patches which caused more trouble than fixes. I hope they dont abandon BF:V players as they did with BF:1942 gamers.

I'm looking at it.....haven't made up my mind though. I walked away from the Secret Weapons add-on as a lame attempt just to get more money for nothing really extraordinary.

I love the game itself...play original, RTR and DC religiously....my groupd tries to get together on one of our servers every Tuesday or Thursday evening (real-life still rules).

If BF:V has enough different gameplay and the ability to hold my attention then I'll seriously take a look at getting it.

ye SWOWW2 was REALLY bad, i downloaded the demo and it was terrible, wtf was that jetpack all about?

Tried SWOWW2 on a friends computer at a lan, and though it had some novel new vehicles, it just wasn't worth it for the single-player experience.
When going online, I found that there was next to no servers using it, so I put of the purchase.

And I wouldn't have bought RTR, if it hadn't been for buying both BF1942 and RTR of a friend for around 30$ total.

BF:V might be worthy of a purchase from what I've seen from a friend, but I'm not sure since there's enough of mod's out allready.

Mr. G....what time of day GMT are you generally online and using what handle? Maybe I'll do a search someday to see if you're out there.

I use Mr.Garibaldi (big surprise huh), but I'm not generally on at any set time.

Usually several times a day, but mostly after 5PM GMT.
I usually play on "Catch-Gamer.no" servers, "SP 100mbit DC 0.7" or a boomtown server.

It's becoming more and more DC, but it I do play some of the new BF1942 maps every now and again.

You using Masque as nick?

I, for one can't wait for Battlefield Vietnam to come out. I plan on getting in line.

Since I only just discovered Battlefield at Christmas time, I play almost every day, should say night, at between 11 PM and 2 AM Central Time. Mostly Desert Combat though, it's just a lot more fun than regular BF 42, to me.

Also played the Eve of Destruction mod, which is based on Vietnam, but can't say I like it to much. The planes aren't as responsive and the helos are a lot harder to fly. May be realistic though.

From what I've read, the helo controls in DC are modded from the airplane controls and the new "Vietnam" helos will have there own controls, making them fly even more realistically.

Dont think BF is about realism tho, i think BF1942 had the perfect balance of realism and playability, one of the reasons you dont see many people flying the choppers in DC is because they find it too hard and too difficult to control, i hope they go for a good balance and not all out, Operation Flashpoint style realism, coz that would suck, the simpler the better is what i say (is that because i am simple? i dunno, prolly) :grinthumb

I own three copys of Battlefield 1942. That is how much I love the game. I play it on my LAN at home and on the Internet. I will definately be getting Vietnam.

Originally posted by MrGaribaldi
You using Masque as nick?

Actually, no. I use |***|H.E.R.O. (Atari Secret Society). Masque is a handle I stick with and used from the old Tribes 1 days. I still hang onto it.

Edit: It's good to see all you guys playing. It would be pretty schweet if we all hooked up sometime.....though the time differences would make it difficult.

Originally posted by Masque
.....It would be pretty schweet if we all hooked up sometime.....though the time differences would make it difficult.
Masque, I've been to your server many times, (wanted to show you how to really play this game, heh heh, just kidding), and have never found anybody there. Guess I'm on at the wrong time.

Originally posted by Masque
Actually, no. I use |***|H.E.R.O. (Atari Secret Society). Masque is a handle I stick with and used from the old Tribes 1 days. I still hang onto it.

Oki. I'll add you to my Buddie list in GameSpy and maybe we'll meet on a server :)

Im not gonna buy BF:V, gonna wait untill StarWars : Battlefront comes out, its supposed to be the ultimate star wars game, basically, its BF, but with all of the vehicles and weapons in the original movies, based around the time of the original movies and on the planets which the original movies depict, so, ill be shooting your arse in my ATAT walker on Endor :D:D:D

Edit : ATST walker, sorry

Originally posted by olefarte
Masque, I've been to your server many times, (wanted to show you how to really play this game, heh heh, just kidding), and have never found anybody there. Guess I'm on at the wrong time.

Tuesday and Thursday.....roughly 9-11 EST. Either -=|***|=-North Coast or -=|***|=-Hidden Realm Risen.

Originally posted by MrGaribaldi
Oki. I'll add you to my Buddie list in GameSpy and maybe we'll meet on a server :)

Sounds good Mr. G. I'll add you to my list in ASE.

I have all 3 bf1942 packs, I love it and will definitely get bf:V. What I think will be good is the heavy jungles with loads of plants and trees to hide in. What I think let down the other bf1942's is the open spaces.

It gets quite boring when you cant find any places to hide and you're running for ages. But with bf: V you'll be able to hide in something whilst seeing through the trees (preferably with a sniper).

PS: Does anyone else here hate the snipers on bf1942? Both allies and axis snipers suck (axis is slightly better).

I really reckon we should from a TS bf1942 group. :D

Originally posted by InsaneMonkeyBoy
I really reckon we should from a TS bf1942 group. :D

I have attempted to get something together like that myself a while back. We had a game going with LNCPapa, Vehementi, and myself one night but we never did end up playing again. One reason is because Veh has been on dialup (only had dsl that week) so he couldn't play again. He is getting DSL in a few days though so I'm sure he would be in on something if we could get something going.

If your interested in doing anything let me know. Send me a private message on TS with your AIM, Yahoo or MSN name.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back