BC Code Message

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,
From time to time my computer freezes and it wont even allow me to turn it off at the box....only the power outlet switch.

Its been occuring ever since I brought the computer and quite often reads this error message:

BCCode : 9c BCPI : 00000004 BCP2 : 8053B5F0 BCP3 : B2000000 BCP4 : 00070F0F OSVer : 5_1_2600 SP :1_0 Product : 768_1

What can I do to rectify the problem.

I have resisted taking the box back to the supplier because Ive I brought it in June.

Thankyou in advance...if you can help.

Regards...Gary

Hello and welcome to Techspot.

A bugcheck code of 9C indicates some kind of hardware failure, see below.

0x0000009C: MACHINE_CHECK_EXCEPTION

This is a hardware issue: an unrecoverable hardware error has occurred. The parameters have different meanings depending on what type of CPU you have but, while diagnostic, rarely lead to a clear solution. Most commonly it results from overheating, from failed hardware (RAM, CPU, hardware bus, power supply, etc.), or from pushing hardware beyond its capabilities (e.g., overclocking a CPU).

Since you only bought the system in june, I suggest you take it back to the vendor and have it looked at under the terms of the warranty.

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:

Btw, if you have overclocked your system, you may wanna remove all traces of doing this because overclocking voids your warranty;)

Regards,

Korrupt

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back