BCCode Error in Win XP - please help identify the problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello, I saw some people's posts from about 2 years ago posting dmp files and finding help here identifying what is the culprit of the crashes and after searching all over the place I can't find a matching results so decided to look for help in a new thread.

I migrated to a new CPU and Mobo and ram and new video card and nic, and basically kept my original install with win xp on my old hard drives. Since the upgrade my machine has been frequently rebooting at what seems irregular ( and never predictable) intervals and after it boots up again it tells me of the BCCode error. I downloaded and installed the MS debugging tool for windows with the symbols and tried reading my own dump files but could not resolve what the issue is so hoping someone with more experience can maybe help me out. Much thanks in advance!

If it matters below are the specs:
Mobo - Abit AN52
CPU - AMD x2 4800+ brisbane
ram 2 gig OCZ ( 4-4-4-15)
Video : geforce 7900

Sample BCCode error:

BCCode : c2 BCP1 : 00000007 BCP2 : 00000CD4 BCP3 : 020F0002
BCP4 : 889AD0F0 OSVer : 5_1_2600 SP : 2_0 Product : 256_1

no overclocking anywhere. Also attaching 3 zipped dump files.

Hello and welcome to Techspot.

All your miniumps crash at nltdi.sys. This is part of the Netlimiter programme and is a known issue. Uninstalling netlimiter will probably solve your problem.

See this thread HERE.

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:

Oh my god what a speedy answer! Thank you very much Howard. I've used netlimiter for maybe 3 years or more and never had an issue, so I am quite surprised to hear that is the problem. Uninstalling it right now and going to see if the reboot problem disappears. Again Thank you!

You were absolutely right. Since last night I have not had a crash at all. I bravely installed netlimiter 1.3 ( had 2.x before ) and for the last 4 hours or so no crash, which leads me to believe that version 2+ ( maybe even lower ) have something very wrong with them. Thanks again for your help Howard.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back