Beeping noise in PC

Status
Not open for further replies.

judicious

I was downloading QuickTime, after I installed it, I was having trouble clicking on Start. I notice it was hard to navigate to the various programs on the Start Menu. On my AIM chat box, I was having a scrolling problem. I couldn't scroll any more. Then I started to hear beeping noises from my PC. It was two beeps that happened every 30 to 60 seconds. I tried to restart the computer and it was still the same. I uninstalled QuickTime and the same. Is my computer overheating?

X1950XT

Your computer is locking up, something must be crashing it. It may be heat to the CPU, did u ever OC it?

judicious

specs

Here's the spec for my PC:

Windows: Windows XP5.1 (Build 2600) Service Pack 2
Internet Explorer: 6.0.2900.2180
Memory (RAM): 1024 MB
CPU Info: Intel(R) Pentium(R) 4 CPU 2.50GHz
CPU Speed: 2448.2 MHz
Sound card: Realtek AC97 Audio
Display Adapters: MOBILITY / RADEON 9200/9250 Series | MOBILITY / RADEON 9200/9250 Series | NetMeeting driver | RDPDD Chained DD
Screen Resolution: 1360 X 768 - 32 bit
Network: Network Present
Network Adapters: SiS 900-Based PCI Fast Ethernet Adapter - Packet Scheduler Miniport
CD / DVD Drives: D: DVD+RW RW5240
COM Ports: COM3 | COM1
LPT Ports: LPT1
Mouse: 5 Button Wheel Mouse Present
Hard Disks: C: 111.8GB
Hard Disks - Free: C: 89.3GB
USB Controllers: 3 host controllers.
Firewire (1394): Not Detected
PCMCIA (Laptops): Not Installed
Manufacturer: Phoenix Technologies, LTD
Product Make:
AC Power Status: OnLine
BIOS Info: AT/AT COMPATIBLE | 01/09/04 | AWARD - 42302e31
Time Zone: Pacific Standard Time
Battery: No Battery
Motherboard: SiS-650
Modem: Agere Systems PCI Soft Modem

Right now it's not beeping...

I ran SpeedFan and my current CPU is 40C degree

Tedster

overheating is also a hardware issue and if your system overheats, some motherboard BIOS will give a warning beep.

SNGX1275

What do the beeps sound like? Do they actually sound like the beep you hear when you turn some computers on? Or does it sound different?

If it sounds like what you hear when you turn some computers on, then everyone is right about it being an alert.

If it sounds different, like a queek or fainter, then that would point to a hard drive failing.

Malditohon

i got the same problem a long time ago then after that my motherboard crashes, destoryed all my components, including my processor.

i don't know why but somehow i think its the power supply and power surge problem.

My computer only beeps

The other day a line went down in our neighbourhood, after the power was restored, my computer rebooted itself and had a picture on the screen but then started to beep. I turned off the computer thinking it probabley just needed to reboot. The next day I turned it on and could only hear it beep about every 5 seconds from somewhere in the computer. I have no picture and I dont hear any other activity going on inside just the beeping noise, which is a long beep every 5 seconds, any ideas what happened people? Suggestings that I could do, before I take to the computer doctor and spend big bucks?

Status
Not open for further replies.