Belkin f5d5730au Connection problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scythe1303

Hey guys, got me a new Modem not long ago and recently plugged it in, seemed to be working fine at first but every now and then something happens and it seems to disconnect. It says its still connected and everything and going into status it says it's connected fine, it seems to just stop for a while then comes back on after awhile. Unplugging and Rebooting it does nothing.

I know its the Modem because I had a different modem plugged in before and it was fine. It is a Belkin f5d5730au and is connected to a CNet CNAP-711 11mbps Wireless Router. Also, when another computer is turned on, it doesn't seem to allow it to connect for a small while then works.

Any ideas? Thanks.

I suspect you will benefit from a close read of all the documentation of your cable modem, and wireless router... and possibly with a talk with your IP provider tech support.
Are all of your old connections deleted in the device manager, registry, and the network connections in the control panel.
Belkins are sometimes weird devices... units with the same part number don't even look the same sometimes. Belkin doesn't really make anything. They pay to have their components made by others, to specifications they set.
If there is a problem, I would change out the Belkin for a standard unit by 2Wire, LinkSys, D-Link, Netgear, Siemens, or preferably Cisco.

raybay said:
I suspect you will benefit from a close read of all the documentation of your cable modem, and wireless router... and possibly with a talk with your IP provider tech support.
Are all of your old connections deleted in the device manager, registry, and the network connections in the control panel.
Belkins are sometimes weird devices... units with the same part number don't even look the same sometimes. Belkin doesn't really make anything. They pay to have their components made by others, to specifications they set.
If there is a problem, I would change out the Belkin for a standard unit by 2Wire, LinkSys, D-Link, Netgear, Siemens, or preferably Cisco.

Hmm, all the old connections are deleted, but there is 6 computers connected wireless-ly and it goes down for all of them.

I've noticed when it happens, disabling then enabling DHCP will make it work again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back