Belkin F5D7230-4 Router suddenly stopped working

Status
Not open for further replies.

Teh JeY

So I’ve had this router for years, set-up went perfectly and I've never had connections problems...

Until a couple days ago. The internet light kept going off, and dropping my connection about every 30 seconds, which makes it impossible to download anything and runs the internet slowly. I called tech support, and we got it up and running again.

that worked for a couple days, and today, my router just suddenly died. The internet light is just off completely, no matter what I do. I've tried everything from unplugging the router several times, unplugging the modem several times, running the disk that it came with, updating the firmware, running it wired through all the computers in my house, and finally the little reset button on the bottom about 4 times.

Nothing has worked. Funny thing is, I was just playing Call of Duty two hours ago, so I don’t understand what has happened at all.

I've given up, and I really would like my network back so all the electronic applications in my household can connect to the internet wirelessly.

Any help is appreciated, thanks in advance.

TL;DR The router has been working perfectly for a long time, and suddenly the internet light is off completely, and I've tried everything to get it to work, numerous times, failing. Please help.

All routers have a useful product life. Components in the burn out or "wear out" in three to five years... six if you are very lucky... I don't know of any which have a warranty longer than three years, and most are only a year.
When they stop working, buy another... as this one has "burned out."
Belkin is not a maker or manufacturer as much as it is primarily a marketer... the same models of router products are different in different countries or even on separate ends of the same country.

You will have much better luck with a high end LinkSys by Cisco, and even better luck yet with a Cisco... but then the prices are much higher, as well.

Thank you for your help. I was afraid of that, but at least now there's something to solidify the claim.

Oh well, I was REALLY hoping it wasn't that @_@

And I just noticed but your posts are over 9000 :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back