Best Torrent Client?

Status
Not open for further replies.

h_pavon

Wassup guys!

I`ve been using UPnP U-0.8.5 Fast Resume Client & Multilanguage because it proved to be fast, but I'm having problems because it's outdated to some trackers......

Can't decide which one to use some told me to try Azureus and Bit Tornado............. can some one tell me if theres another client fast enough?

Thanx in advance!

Bit Tornado is the faster of the two when it comes to loading and has the better bandwidth control.

Azureus on the other hand is better able to handle multiple downloads in one "window"

As for which to use, try them both. They are so different that it's hard to say which to use without knowing your d\l habits...

BitComet is the torrent client of choice in my household. :)

www.bitcomet.com

Lots of features, nice interface, runs well and gives pretty good speeds.

Plain BT client from BT web site for me so far but seriously thinking of looking at some of the others out there.

I'm back to Bit Tornado after using Azureus for a little while. It gives me all the control I can want over my downloads, down to choosing which parts of the download to get first (so I can check samples etc)...

So I'd recommend trying it out if you're looking for a change :)

Cool, must've been added since I last used it...
Does it allow for each torrent to be in a window of it's own, or is it still only one window?

It's so nice to be able to use Bit Torrent again after a problem which hardlocked my prev computer everytime I ran a torrent file...

Single window with seperate tabs if you wish - or seperate floating download bars for each

MrGaribaldi said:
Bit Tornado is the faster of the two when it comes to loading and has the better bandwidth control.
i agree its loads better than any other client i have used so far. :bounce:

Just you...
It all depends on your upload/download ratio... If you have too little upload bandwidth you won't get any great speed... If you have too much upload bandwidth and are using dsl, it'll choke your download...

Long time since I posted in this thread... I have been using BitComet for a while now, my current torrent client of choice.

uTorrent has to be hands down the best. Long time BitComet, BitLord, and Azureus user. By now you shouldn't be using the orginal bitorrent client.

Reasons why I say uTorrent is the best

- takes up less than 5mbs of memory. As I am leeching 2 torrents and seeding 2 the program takes up 3.8mb of memory. BitComet requires atleast 60mb!

- Almost no CPU usage. Not a resource HOG like Azureus means you can run this in the background with no problem.

- Awsome neat and clean GUI.

- Mulitple torrent orginization and useful stats not just a bunch of them like Azureus.

- the program requires no installation you just download and run the file. The program is 105kB!!!! I have essays that take up more space ;p!

I've always found Azureus to be a good torrent client. It can display a lot of statistics related to the currently running torrents, supports multiple torrents and has good bandwidth control, and even comes with its own tracker!

llsektorll said:
uTorrent has to be hands down the best. Long time BitComet, BitLord, and Azureus user. By now you shouldn't be using the orginal bitorrent client.
My problem with uTorrent is that after a couple of hours, it kills my internet connection for all programs except itself. It keeps on working, but my browser, ftp, email, etc cannot connect to the internet. When I reboot, all is fine again. Other than that, I love the program.

llsektorll said:
the program requires no installation you just download and run the file. The program is 105kB!!!! I have essays that take up more space ;p!
Although you can run the "portable" version and not install it, you can use the installable version. I am not sure if there is any advantage to do it tho.

azerus is the best I've used, bit torrent is ok, also the reason your download rate might be taking so long is due to a slow internet connection.

even if this thread's been revived (few months inactive), its still relevant today.. so dont fret :)

have you tried messing around with your connection settings for uTorrent? maybe limit its download/upload rate?

azureus for me :)

And did anyone else notice the massive amount of views on this thread?
no.. probably due to this thread being here for a while.. and those with subscription checking up once in a while. Excluding the number of "guests" of course...

Azureus
had a better one with a IE style browser interface ,but lost it and forgot the name of it
the 60's where to good to me

MrGaribaldi said:
Just you...
It all depends on your upload/download ratio... If you have too little upload bandwidth you won't get any great speed... If you have too much upload bandwidth and are using dsl, it'll choke your download...
how can i have upload bandwidth ?

i use Azureus it dose not give me a problem and i have trid bit torrent and i hate it never worked right for me so i whould say use Azureus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back