Best Value FreeSync Monitors for GeForce Owners

Pixio unavailable in UK, ah well.

I'm going to need an Ultrawide for sim racing (AC) and will probably get a Vega56 to drive it.
You reckon the MSI Optix would suit or should I avoid curved screens for Sim racing?

Will use it for GTA and BF5 as well sometimes.

(EDIT) Can't buy the MSI one in the UK either. Can you give alternatives in these articles?

Last edited:
I paid around $800 for the Alienware 34" curved gaming monitor. I used to use 3 monitors and wanted to downsize. The Alienware is the best monitor I've ever had and it fits perfectly with my desktop.

Great article. And first time posting to a tech forum but couldn't resist. A monitor I feel is missing from the list is the S2719DGF. Currently a 27 inch. TN. 144htz free sync monitor. Normally 400. Is on sale at Best buy for 300. And if you go thru Google Express you can knock off 20 more from that with free shipping making it a very affordable gaming upgrade at 279. After delivery. I'll have mine tomorrow, but I hope this helps others making a decision towards a new monitor.

Unfortunately the majority of the monitors listed above aren't available anymore in the UK (particularly the Viotek models).

Seems like EU availability for most of these suggestions is non-existent!

First off, Freesync is an AMD technology. GSync is an Nvidia technology... So basically this whole article is redundant. Neither are compatible with the other. Where do you go to tech school?

First off, Freesync is an AMD technology. GSync is an Nvidia technology... So basically this whole article is redundant. Neither are compatible with the other. Where do you go to tech school?

Talk to him if some of the information is incorrect.
https://www.techspot.com/community/members/julio-franco.1/
Also I am not trying to take up for julio here, but I think he is referencing from something like this or so

https://www.theverge.com/circuitbreaker/2019/1/7/18171631/nvidia-g-sync-support-freesync-monitors

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/...esync-monitors-for-nvidia-graphics-cards-7044

Any 1080p 24" VA panel monitor different from the one on the list? In this article there isn't many options.

I picked up one of the Monoprice 35" ultrawides for my lady but haven't had a chance to test it yet. I'll give it a test soon and update. I have my AW3418DW that I can compare it to.

Please do your research before posting embarassing statements.

Unfortunately the majority of the monitors listed above aren't available anymore in the UK (particularly the Viotek models).

Seems like EU availability for most of these suggestions is non-existent!

Yep, you would think, wouldn't you, that one of the best tech sites on the interweb would cater for the world's largest single market, the EU, wouldn't you?

Viotek is no-show in EU. Same thing about this Pixio. Can you suggest something for EU people?

"...We can rule out IPS for 1080p monitors because there aren't any high refresh IPS panels at this resolution."
My VG279Q (IPS 1080p, 144hz freesync 40-144hz) would like to disagree. Also gsync enabled just fine as has worked great so far. Been a great purchase at $320.
Just thought I would let you know this and hope it helps some of the commenters find a good monitor.

Good and intersting writeup. Although as a graphic design professional, I'm only geared towards IPS monitors, I can use this as reference the next I'm in the market, and need to compare apples to apples. I just upgraded to the LG-27UD58-B.

I just bought a 49" TCL 4k tv, with about 15 ms response rate. It replaces a 1 ms 144hz 27"...that cost more. I can't tell a difference in gaming, and I tried Counter Stike. Never going back to tiny.

Can someone post the link to the TechSpot performance comparison article between G-Sync monitors and G-Sync supported Freesync monitors? I wasn't able to find it.

I finally got a chance to do a tiny bit of testing enabling G-Sync Compatibility with a Monoprice 35" Ultrawide Freesync 100 Hz monitor. It works really well once you enable Freesync in the OSD of the monitor... of course only via displayport. I only tested a couple games and everything was flawless, but if I run into any issues I'll update here. btw, the test rig was running:
AMD 2600 @stock
ASUS TUF X470-Plus Gaming
EVGA 1080 Ti FTW3
16 GB SniperX 3000 MHz RAM @ 2733 (can't get it to run higher than this and not on QVL so my fault)

God it must be nice to have choices, I wanted a WQHD, 144hz dont care about TN/VA, and only decently priced option was AOC Agon AG271QX for which wait for it..... I paid 586$ (US) approx (being generous on the conversion rate). Decided on it after watching and reading Tim's stellar review on it. Funny enough it was 15$ cheaper than buying from newegg global (with no warranty).

other than that there are only acer models in varying sized from 24-27 inch 1080p. Samsung are ostensibly priced double the US so even if brought from newegg global adding shipping, VAT+customs, ends up more than local, and most of the time vat+customs excluding shipping is almost 40% of the price. The samsung CFG70 23.5 inch is 342$ and 27' 1080p is 485$.

the Acer 24-27 are cheaper than US but I don't want those after living with 34' ultrawide.
32 inch WQHD are like a unicorn only option being ASUS ROG 32' with a price tag of almost 771$ .

well hope its a good buy.

Last edited:
I wanted to follow up on this. You mention that the GN246HL is a possible budget option however I am not sure it is capable. It has neither G-Sync or Freesync. What it is capable of is 3D Vision which is what I own one for. Could someone explain this to me? Am I missing something?

Back