2gb ram

160 gb western digital harddisk

liteon - moserbaer dvd writer

zebronics cobra cabinet(tower)

onboard via vt1708b - audio

nvidia geforce 7050/nvidia nforce 610i - video

-------------------------------------------------------------

my smps is rated 450 watts

i love to play sims 3 with graphics enabled at the maximum .

There is no "Best" but you must make sure that your 450 watt power supply can handle it...
You will find terrific arguments from every side... nVidia, ATI, etc..
Then you have to figger in what games you play
Most often it is a cost issue...

SIMS does not make huge demands on your system... but I would change the power supply before going too much higher than your nVidia GeForce 7050...

Unless you are shooting for higher, more powerful games, you are likely fine with what you have.

There is no "Best" but you must make sure that your 450 watt power supply can handle it...
You will find terrific arguments from every side... nVidia, ATI, etc..
Then you have to figger in what games you play
Most often it is a cost issue...

SIMS does not make huge demands on your system... but I would change the power supply before going too much higher than your nVidia GeForce 7050...

Unless you are shooting for higher, more powerful games, you are likely fine with what you have.

i am happy to recive an instant reply .

i prefer to get an asus nvidia 9600 to play sims 3 in windows 7, will it accept my smps power rated 450 watts or i should get a seperate power supply (what could be the power rating) and abandon this

i dwell in india . i saw in few shops in my locality the price is low
(made in china cue to indian economy)

for 8400,9600 cards around 2000 INR(rupees)

your advice is always welcome.

bye comrade

This card is a popular choice for those who play the type of games you do, and is economical as well. it only requires a 400W PSU and draws all the power needed from the maximum 75 watts provided by the PCIE slot.

thanks for answering me , will my asus nvidia chipset accept the rival product

i have an intel nvidia machine

the link that tou gave leads

to amd ati video card ,hope you are leading me in the right path .

your replies are welcome,bye comrade

To my way of thinking, it is not the power so much as the quality of the power supply... A very good unit with steady and highly responsive output will be fine at 450 watts. If it is a no-name brands, I would reconsider.
However, I would be inclined to try it, and keep track of your machine's performance.

Yes your Nvidia based chipset will accept ATI cards, it is not an issue. and that is the correct link it is the ATI HD 4670 that I recommended. :)

I agree Raybay, thats why I recommended a card that is under the required wattage of his PSU, and that does not require an additional power connector, but will take all it needs from the 75w afforded by the PCIE slot. the 4670 on requires about 50w of the 75w.

yes your Nvidia based chipset will accept ATI cards, it is not an issue. and that is the correct link it is the ATI HD 4670 that I recommended. :)

I agree Raybay, thats why I recommended a card that is under the required wattage of his PSU, and that does not require an additional power connector, but will take all it needs from the 75w afforded by the PCIE slot. the 4670 on requires about 50w of the 75w.

i hope you have given the almost exact card for me, will it smile if i go for linux or i shoud unplug the ati video , switch to nvidia onboard if i buy an ati product . i am sure to use linux (ubuntu,suse,mandriva/mandrake)

does asus have a good ATI HD 4670 or cross brand is accepted in asus
( i hope/thought it is good to sit with asus )

i forgot is it better to go for 1 gb ? .

your answers are astounding ! . comrade

yes your Nvidia based chipset will accept ATI cards, it is not an issue. and that is the correct link it is the ATI HD 4670 that I recommended. :)

i have a possible change now, will this card susain direct x 11 games

( will be released by four coloured company -?- )

( almost future ready, i don't believe in future proof )

i forgot to say

the operating system is windows 7 . this will change to linux

( on other partition or windows will be wiped if it doesn't obey me )

The 4670 is not a D11 card, if you want DX11 you will have to get a bigger PSU, or wait for the lower end DX 11 cards to come out.

What is your budget for the video card?

Depending on the price where you stay look at the nVidia 9600GT or the ATI HD 4670. Both should run perfectly fine on your motherboard. I'm suggesting these cards as you mentioned you wanted to play Sims 3. For any form of heavier gaming you'll need to look at other options. As for DX-11, the cards are still quite expensive. There's no point in going for a DX 11 card if you'll be playing only Sims.

But, whatever you choose, you'll probably have to change your PSU. What brand is it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back