Bethesda is working on three long-term projects different than anything else they've done

Shawn Knight

Staff member

During a recent speaking engagement at the D.I.C.E. Summit in Las Vegas, Bethesda executive producer Todd Howard said the company is currently working on three long-term projects that are completely different than anything they've put out to date.

Howard, who will receive the Lifetime Achievement Award at next month's Game Developers Choice Awards, said the games are big and crazy Bethesda-style games. Unfortunately for fans, he declined to elaborate further and instead said the company will talk about them at a future date.

In the meantime, Bethesda has plenty to keep itself – and fans – busy for the foreseeable future.

Earlier this week, the studio published a roadmap detailing the first three expansion packs for the popular action role-playing game. Automatron, Wasteland Workshop and Far Harbor are slated to launch over the next few months and we're told that additional DLC is also in the pipeline. The extra content prompted Bethesda to increase the price of its season pass from $29.99 to $49.99 although anyone that buys it before March 1 can lock in the cheaper rate.

In related Fallout 4 news, Howard hinted that there's at least one cool secret in the game that players have yet to find (to the best of his knowledge, anyway). Naturally, Howard didn't spoil the surprise but did say that it is related to a terminal.

Permalink to story.

Anything Bethesda does, I'm interested. They have to be the #1 game publisher going right now.

Three projects completely different than anything they've put out to date? They could do that just by releasing one game with more quests than bugs, another with good voice acting and a third with full mod support from day one.

Three projects completely different than anything they've put out to date? They could do that just by releasing one game with more quests than bugs, another with good voice acting and a third with full mod support from day one.

Well, no. Completely different means three things coming from Bethesda.

1. They will be even more streamlined than any previous Beth game.

2. There will be unprecedented technical sophistication (I.e even more bugs).

3. It will all happen on a different world map.

Earlier this week, the studio published a roadmap detailing the first three expansion packs for the popular action role-playing game.

Too bad the author forgot to mention the title of the popular RPG. Nice reporting. I knew what game only because I knew what game already, some readers won't.

Back