Bios Jumper Video Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well I have a Intel DX38BT Motherboard with Corsair XMS3 2048MB Dual Channel PC10600 DDR3 1333MHz Memory, Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 Processor, HIS Radeon HD 3650 512MB PCIe w/Dual Link DVI with cd-rom and 320 Western Digital SATA hard drive.

My problem is when I put the Bios jumper on configuration 2-3 it works good, the monitor shows the loading screen with the Bios loading up, I change a few setting for the ram and double check things. I saved it and then it tells me to turn off the power and but the Bios jumper in Normal 1-2.

When I do that the monitor does not do anything just a black screen, with an orean led status. Then I change the Bios on configuration 2-3 and works and when I have to change it back to Bios to normal it does not work.

It is not the graphic card, what would you think the problem is?

Yes, I have all the parts installed. Everything is new except for the cd rom and case, which should have no affect. I want to do a fresh install of XP

It worked finw before I installed a hard drive yesterday. I found out that I need a SATA hard drive instead of using and clean old IDE one

"It worked finw before I installed a hard drive yesterday."

I need to understand what you mean here - are you saying it used to run OK BUT you reconfigured it and took out a Sata drive and installed a Pata drive and it failed? And now won't run with a Sata drive back in?

Also I tried the following:
- The video card is plugged in the right PCI-e 2 slot, no PSU connectors needed
- Tried removing and reseating the video card.
- Shoved a windows XP disc in to see if it'd boot from that.
- Tried hooking it up to another monitor.
- Reset the CMOS/Bios battery.
- Triple checked the settings.

THE ODD PART IS THAT IT WORKS IN BIOS CONFIGURE AND NOT IN BIOS NORMAL.

I tried running a IDE but saw that it was not compatible with no cable and such, So I when out and bought a new SATA hard drive and installed it. It recognizes that it is there.

I turned it on with out a hard drive and worked good, bios showed up and everything. Then after that I installed the SATA hard drive and in Bios normal mod nothing shows up on the monitor. With bios in configure the monitor showed the Intel loading screen and went to bios.

I also unplugged the HD and nothing changed, I even changed the SATA slot and didn't worked.

The graphic card works, the fan spins and works but not in bios normal ( the 1-2 pin on the jumper)

Well, if you have the 2x4 pin cpu plugs also in then you have met the requirements for power to that board. One thing tho, that graphics card dosn't come with a power adapter connection BUT the Radeon 3600 series chipsets are said to require on (obviously some differnece in the cards use of the cjipset).

However, your mobo documents say that, if the card uses >=75 watts you MUST have a separate power supply to it or risk damage. Trouble is, the HIS site doesn't say just what the power consumption is. It might explain why vga in bios works but once the card starts to opower up it fails.

Well there is 100% no pci-e power adapters on the card,

PS: All the plugs are in the board the 24 pin, the 2X6 and then the 1X4 plug at the very bottom.

Minimum System Requirements (From tigerdirect info)

* PCI Express® based PC is required with one x16 lane graphics slot available on the motherboard (CHECK)
* 400 Watt or greater power supply (550 Watt for dual ATI CrossFireX™) recommended (CHECK I have a 650 Watt PSU)
* Certified power supplies are recommended
* 1GB of system memory recommended (CHECK, 2 gb ddr3 installed)
* Installation software requires an optical drive (Duhh)
* DVD playback requires a DVD drive (Well duh, I install dvd drive later)
* Blu-ray™ / HD DVD playback requires a Blu-ray / HD DVD drive
* For a complete ATI CrossFireX™ system, a second ATI Radeon™ HD 3600 series graphics card, an ATI CrossFireX Ready motherboard and one ATI CrossFireX Bridge Interconnect cable is required (CHECK, if I want to that in the future)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back