Biostar ta785g3 hd mobo starts for 3-5 secs lights led's flash and turns off

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a new board biostar ta785g3 hd and i have everything connected but whenever i turn on the computer led d2 led1 ph3 d2 ph1 d1 light up first 4 then 3 then 2 and the board shuts down. Everything is brand new i just bought it.
my specs are:
My PSU is raidmax atx 630W
4gb 2 dimm Adata 1600g ram
biostar ta785g3 hd mobo
AMD Athlon II X4 620 Propus 2.6GHz 4 x 512KB L2 Cache Socket AM3 95W Quad-Core Processor
Western Digital Caviar Green 1TB
LG 10X Blu-ray Burner

Did you use motherboard standoffs? Your system must be overclocked to use that RAM effectively. Is its voltage set too low? Perhaps the PSU is defective.

Did you use motherboard standoffs? Your system must be overclocked to use that RAM effectively. Is its voltage set too low? Perhaps the PSU is defective.

I did use standoffs.
How do I overclock if I cannot get into the Bios?
The voltage on what is set too low?
I have used 3 different PSU's and it is the same result.

No need to quote me if your reply is the next post.

I'm just saying that your motherboard supports your RAM speed (1600) only if you overclock the settings in the BIOS. Recheck the motherboard specs. It says it supports DDR3 1600 O.C. (overclocked). Higher performance RAM often requires more voltage so you have to adjust it in the BIOS. I realize you cannot get into the BIOS at the moment so if it is a RAM speed problem (and I don't know if it is) you would have to use different RAM to get the PC started, make the change and install the 1600 RAM. It might run at a lower speed until you are able to make adjustments in the BIOS but since it won't start we can't be sure.

BTW, if you aren't familiar with RAM voltages and don't overclock, you probably should have gotten DDR3 1333 RAM. That's what I would have gotten.

The motherboard itself could also be bad. Don't take this the wrong way but let me ask, are all the standoffs positioned in the correct holes? No extra ones out of place that might shorting the board?

Your motherboard isn't grounded properly, when I built my first computer it had the same issues, just had to mess around with how I was mounting it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back