1. TechSpot is dedicated to computer enthusiasts and power users. Ask a question and give support. Join the community here.
    TechSpot is dedicated to computer enthusiasts and power users.
    Ask a question and give support.
    Join the community here, it only takes a minute.
    Dismiss Notice

Bitcoin is dead

By GaryMove · 11 replies
Dec 20, 2018
Post New Reply
  1. It’s been 12 months since Bitcoin reached its all-time high of almost $20,000, sending the world into a crypto frenzy. But in the last 24 hours, it’s hit a new yearly low of $3,126 – and it could fall even lower over the coming weeks as TechSpot has announced.

Now, a famous early investor who made millions from Bitcoin has warned that the best-known cryptocurrency of them all is “dead.”

It’s not all bad news, though. Sarin maintains that the “Blockchain economy is here to stay,” and some industry players believe that while Bitcoin has further to fall, the crypto will eventually bounce back. As for Finman, he says project-based cryptocurrencies such as Ethereum, ZCash, and Bitcoin Cash have the best chance of success.
    What's your opinion on that?

2. Netfox

Netfox TS Member Posts: 87   +8

I believe that most (or even all) altcoins follow the Bitcoin behavior. So while it's down nothing will rise good enough.
    On the whole there's no point believing different "crypto experts" words as some say it's dying and some prove it will rise up to 50.000$. Believe yourself and check the market.

jessicahansonp likes this.
  3. GaryMove

GaryMove TS Enthusiast Topic Starter Posts: 155   +10

I do believe that altcoins can become primary.
    You personally buy and hold any coins?

4. Netfox

Netfox TS Member Posts: 87   +8

Yep, I decided to invest in some coins like Ripple, Ethereum and some more while they're down. It doesn't require much money to invest and if it will rise (as we all believe) it will be a good income.

MaikuTech likes this.
  5. GaryMove

Sure, I agree.
    That's the right step to gain something.
    And Ripple is truly looks like reliable one.

6. sushi board

sushi board TS Rookie

I don't think crypto is dead just yet. Starting to see real world applications of crypto and hopefully more adoption. At the peak, I liked the convenience of paying for things like hosting with crypto instead of a credit card. Hopefully they start accepting them again.

7. danydany

danydany TS Rookie

How do you think how much time must pass when Ripple and Ethereum will rise ?

8. shokoman

shokoman TS Rookie

Ok, so its time to buy more :cool:

9. GaryMove

Do you believe that someday crypto will replace fiat money?

10. JeromeFree

JeromeFree TS Enthusiast Posts: 39   +7

Its been dead for a while..

11. GaryMove

I am sure ETH will take first place between these two.

12. J Brown

J Brown TS Rookie

It seems that the main problem with Bitcoin and other cryptos are the lack of ways to use them as there is no necessary infrastructure to accept them as the mean of payment. At the same time, some of the states adopted bills to accept Bitcoin for tax payments.
    Other cryptocyrrencies like XRP mentioned above are quite rare, so they less likely to become such popular as BTC or ETH.