Black screen crash no video signal

I'll start by listing my system specs.

Processor: AMD Phenom II x6 1100T processor (black edition 3.3ghz OC to 3.7ghz)
Motherboard: MSI 890FXA-GD65 (MS-7640) Military grade
Memory: 16GB DDR3 PNY RAM PC3-10700
GPU: At the time Nividia 560TI
GPU: Now Nividia GTX570
HDD: 500GB Seagate 7200RPM
PSU:Thermaltake 750Watt 80+ Certified
Case: Mid tower cyberpower case, 3 80mm fans.

For me it started with skyrim, every once in a while I would go to black screen (no video signal) and then I would have to do a hard reset on my PSU. At the time no other game had caused this issue for me and I thought it was localized to skyrim.

Unfortunately over time, I started experiencing the black screen crash on other games, randomly. So I ran the following tests.

Prime95: I ran this for over 4hr, and was unable to reproduce the black screen error. Also all tests were passed.

FurMark: I ran this to test my GPU and push it, I ran this for over 2hr at 1400x900 max AA, no errors and no artifacts, again it passed with out reproducing the black screen error.

WindowsMem test: According to this all ram passed no errors.

Speedfan HDD test: I ran this to check the health of my HDD, and no errors were reported, all values normal.

I also updated all drivers for GPU, Motherboard, processor.

My first thought was that the GPU was the main issue, so I returned it and recently purchased a GTX570. After installing the new card, and playing a few games the black screen crash occurred again, which again seems to happen randomly. It also happens during times when the GPU itself is not being pushed. This has lead me to believe it is not the GPU causing this.

Today I will be testing my PSU for power dips, and other issues. If I find anything I will report it. Also, I do not feel this is an overheat issue, because the crash does not seem characteristic of one.

Back