Black screen problem (Acer Aspire 4745G with ATI Mobility Radeon HD 5470 512MB)

[FONT=Verdana][LEFT] [/LEFT][/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana][LEFT]Laptop Model: Acer Aspire 4745G
Graphic Card Model: ATI Mobility Radeon HD 5470 512MB

Problem:
Laptop starting to turn to blackscreen constantly since last week. At the beginning it still manage to back to normal after restart. But then after few days it turn to black screen during every startup whenever it progress until window start-up animation, I can even still hear the welcome sound although the screen is black. I can still using the laptop through safe mode. After that I google for some related solution and found that it's probably the graphic card (display adapter) problem. So I disable the graphic card (Radeon HD 5470) option under display adapter and it goes perfectly well. But when I enable the graphic card option under display adapter in normal mode, my laptop screen will turns black again (back to previous problem).

I tried to uninstall the graphic card under display adapter and reinstall the graphic card driver (download from Acer Support) but the problem still appears. The graphic card driver after reinstall is appears to be ATI Mobility Radeon HD 5400 series instead of previously ATI Mobility Radeon HD 5470.

Is it normal or I download the wrong driver although it's from Acer Support? What should I do to solve this blackscreen problem?[/LEFT]
[/FONT]

Actually I already tried uninstall and install the graphic card driver for many times, but it will even turn blackscreen during the installation. Unless I disable the graphic card from device manager under display adapter, or else I cannot get into homescreen, it will turn blackscreen after Starting Windows animation during startup.

I tried both driver provided by Acer support and AMD website but both driver installation cannot be completed because it will turn blackscreen during installation process.

That black screen should go away after a few seconds after the Windows Animation. I get that sometimes. Did you use the tool I provided to uninstall? It is different than just manually installing. Try my solution above and see how it works.

Yea I tried of course, but still the same problem occur, unless I disable the graphic driver, or else blackscreen appear. It's ok to uninstall it, but it will turn blackscreen even during installation process because of graphic driver is enabled during installation I think.:D

Try connectint your laptop to an outside monitor. Your GPU may be failing. Connecting your PC to an outside monitor will test whether it is a GPU or monitor issue. Also, do you game?

Try connectint your laptop to an outside monitor. Your GPU may be failing. Connecting your PC to an outside monitor will test whether it is a GPU or monitor issue. Also, do you game?

Yea I'm a gamer but not that hardcore type, just for some entertainment, at most 2 or 3 hours every time. The only game which considered higher graphics that I play is FIFA series, starting since FIFA 11 using this laptop.

I'll try to connect to a PC monitor to test soon.

Yea I'm a gamer but not that hardcore type, just for some entertainment, at most 2 or 3 hours every time. The only game which considered higher graphics that I play is FIFA series, starting since FIFA 11 using this laptop.

I'll try to connect to a PC monitor to test soon.

Aw, then we cant disable the graphics chip :(.

Hello I already fix mine,. please google this driver,. "Catalyst_13.4_WHQL_UnifL_v2"

1. Uninstall all driver using AMD Cleanup utility also the intel driver then
2. install Catalyst_13.4_WHQL_UnifL_v2 (this file can be around 331mb)
3. boyahh!!

100% sure that it will be fixed..

I know How You just need to go battery> more power option> change plan setting (on High performance)> restore default setting for this plan.

Then it could be alright

I used to have black screen during installation but I use my fan to blow my laptop and it works

Hi I have just read all the forums and just discovered a thing about acer aspire 4745G laptop graphics :) .. I just observed that there are two VGA on this type of laptop

1st ATI MOBILITY RADEON HD 5470
2nd (Intel) HD GRAPHICS

I tried installing and re-installing the ATI Mobility graphic card for many times .. but black screen alaways appears on windows log.on screen .now this idea I want to share

go to Start - Control Panel look for Device Manager - Display Manager ..
as you can see there are two standard VGA graphics .
to see which is ATI and Intel Graphics you must do this

right click the VGA graphics and update the driver (use it automatically :) )
do it with the other one too ..don't restart immediately .

when you already know the ATI MOBILITY RADEON GRAPHICS then right click it for its properties and please disable it .. just let the (Intel) HD GRAPHICS do his job then restart ..

I will be glad if this idea of mine also will ease your ATI graphic suffer :)

no choice, I'm now using my laptop with graphic card disabled, and yea no game for almost 2 weeks. :'(

sevenegg I have the same laptop with yours ACER ASPIRE 4745G and I have the same problem. Until now I have only the intel graphics card enabled and disabled the amd cause of the blackscreen issues. Do you happen to fix yours? Please share. Thanks in advance :)

sevenegg I have the same laptop with yours ACER ASPIRE 4745G and I have the same problem. Until now I have only the intel graphics card enabled and disabled the amd cause of the blackscreen issues. Do you happen to fix yours? Please share. Thanks in advance :)
it appears to be the amd graphic card faulty, sent to shop for fixing and it's working now.

Back