'Blank' network connections folder, Windows 7

Marty9231

Hi,

So my problem is obviously that the entire 'Network Connections' folder is empty. There is simply nothing. Also, in the bottom right corner of my screen, the little 'internet' monitor has a big red cross in it. I DO have internet capabilities though. I can connect to any network and use internet just like on any other machine.

I've had this issue for about a week now, and I have done everything to try and resolve it. Googling the issue came up with a huge number of possible solutions, because apparently it is a common problem. I will now make a list with all the things I have tried so far:

1) I tried to register three .dll files using cmd like this:

regsvr32 netshell.dll
regsvr32 netcfgx.dll
regsvr32 netman.dll

After which I rebooted my computer. The result was the same, still a blank page.

2) I tried the 'sfc /scannow' command in cmd, which seems to have replaced and/or fixed some files, but again still a blank page.

3) I checked msconfig, windows startup and any other place to see if all checkboxes where checked as needed and everything was in the right place, and it all was.

4) Finally, I downloaded 'Process Monitor' and executed these steps.

My problem with the last fix was that where I should've found a specific 'svchost.exe' with the filters "PID = 964" and "Process Name = svchost.exe", I didn't and instead I got a completely empty list. (Since I don't really understand what I'm doing here, maybe I'm doing it wrong. Maybe some guidance would help me with these steps.)

None of above fixes have worked for me. I'm at a complete loss of what to do and could really use some help.

Marty

Try once more. Delete all remnants of the existing install. Reboot, and re-install using the downloaded update install software.

Which 'install' are you referring to? If you mean process monitor, what 'update install software'?

Back