Blizzard rewards faithful 'World Of Warcraft' gamers with miniature Orc statue

Shawn Knight

Staff member

check blizzard awesome gift world warcraft hardcore players happy birthday ebay wow world of warcraft gift statue blizzard entertainment wow statue orc statue

World of Warcraft celebrated its 10 year anniversary last fall. Albeit several months late, Blizzard is rewarding its most loyal fans with a limited edition gift to commemorate the momentous occasion.

Those who created a World of Warcraft account within 60 days of the game’s release in America or Europe way back in 2004 and have maintained their subscription over the past decade may want to keep an eye on the e-mail address listed on their Battle.net account.

check blizzard awesome gift world warcraft hardcore players happy birthday ebay wow world of warcraft gift statue blizzard entertainment wow statue orc statue

Eligible gamers should have already received correspondence from Blizzard and ultimately, a physical gift to the address on file. If you haven’t yet received an e-mail, you probably aren’t getting the gift.

So, what is 10 years worth of World of Warcraft loyalty good for? A miniature recreation of the Orc statue found in the courtyard of Blizzard Entertainment’s campus in Irvine, California.

A message on the bottom of the gift says the Orc statue is a constant presence in the life of those that work at Blizzard. It’s where they meet to talk, eat and celebrate. As Blizzard celebrates 10 years of World of Warcraft, they present the statue as their token of appreciation.

It’s certainly a pretty slick gift that’ll be treasured by many diehard World of Warcraft fans. For others, it’s an opportunity to make a quick buck as several statues have already found their way to eBay. As of writing, the miniature Orc statue is fetching anywhere between $300 to $800.

Permalink to story.

Says not for sale or resale on the bottom of the box. Good luck avoiding blizzards enormous ban hammer while selling on ebay .

Well technically it only means you have kept your account active (paid) for the past 10 years. It says nothing of ./played. Beats cable in my opinion. :)

$15/month plus many character fees for transfers to new servers etc... bah... I've wasted my life. ;) But it does beat TV, which I very rarely watch.

Based on 0.50 cents a day, you have any idea how cheap that is for entertainment?

Some people spend more then $1800 a year on booze per semester.

Really Blizzard is saying “for losing all your friends, having your wife/girlfriend leave you, gaining a considerable amount of weight and becoming depressed with your life here is a miniature Orc statue. It won’t give you your life back but you might make $300 - $800 on eBay, so that’s something”.

Given the amount people spend on cosmetic upgrades in the game (mounts and pets) they ought to love this...

$15/month plus many character fees for transfers to new servers etc... bah... I've wasted my life. ;) But it does beat TV, which I very rarely watch.

Glad I kicked this to the kerb years ago although have to agree with Night Hacker, beats watching the majority of drivel that gets broadcast on TV here in the UK. You are in some way socializing and engaging your brain. Although doing high level raiding is more of a job than a way of relaxing.

Just how many subscribers lasted for 10 years? Thats what I'm curious to know.

I always like to say, there are only so many ways of re-working "Don't stand in the fire" boss encounters. Hard to keep it fresh. I think a lot of people stay because of friendships forged in the game rather than still finding the game as enjoyable as in the early days of MMO.

Just how many subscribers lasted for 10 years? Thats what I'm curious to know.

I'd be curious to know too. I played at launch & have played in every expansion but I have taken several year+ long breaks along the way.

It's easy to be cynical about WoW but it is still a very good product & I'm enjoying the latest expansion more than any previous except perhaps the 1st (Burning Crusade).

That said, I don't mind that I'm not getting a statue, while I enjoy WoW I don't generally advertise that fact to friends! It's fun but it's not cool.

Well, $15/m for 120 months means you've spent $1800 on WoW. Enjoy your miniature statue.

That is the same amount I have spent on steam over the years and I have over 500 titles now. Personally I'd take a massive library over a statue.

I have a figureprint of my Draenei Mage and I love it. I don't play WoW anymore but hardcore raiding during the Lich King days was some of the best online gaming I ever experienced.

Back