Blizzard slashes prices for World of Warcraft and Starcraft II on Black Friday

Russ Boswell

It's that special time of year again when people trample over one another without regard for human safety in hopes of securing a $30 blender for $20. The last Black Friday I recall being part of is buried deep within the recesses of my mind, it's not something I like to talk about. The lines, the people, the ambulances and emergency personnel. It's all just too much, and it's way better to just stay inside, barricade your doors, and grab some sales virtually. For all gamers who'll be enjoying Black Friday indoors, here's a sale you might appreciate.

Blizzard is slashing prices dramatically on both World of Warcraft and Starcraft II games and expansions. Here's what you can expect straight from Blizzard's digital treasure trove:

World of Warcraft — Now $4.99 (Reg. $19.99)(includes Burning Crusade, Wrath of the Lich King and Cataclysm expansions)
World of Warcraft: Mists of Pandaria — Now $9.99 (Reg. $39.99)
World of Warcraft: Mists of Pandaria Digital Deluxe Edition — Now $29.99 (Reg. $59.99)

StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty — Now $19.99 (Reg. $39.99)
StarCraft II: Heart of the Swarm — Now $19.99 (Reg. $39.99)
StarCraft II: Heart of the Swarm Digital Deluxe Edition — Now $39.99 (Reg. $59.99)

These are some great deals for all you hold-outs who have been anxiously anticipating a price drop. It's also important to remember that WoW will set you back at least $14.99 per month in subscription fees, so you'll need to account for that if you plan on entering the popular MMO for the first time.

Blizzard is also promoting a sale of Diablo III, unfortunately you'll have to enter the Black Friday battlegrounds to get your hands on it. We spotted the following on the company's website:

"Our treasure goblin scouts have also sighted a few special deals on Diablo III for the PS3, Xbox 360, and PC/Mac, but only at select retail locations. Check with your local retailer for details and availability."

None of my local retailers have any information regarding this sale, but I live way up in the gaming-devoid mountains, so you might have better luck calling around to the stores in your area.

UPDATE 11/27/2013: According to Gamestop's Black Friday Ad, anyone who purchases World of Warcraft: Mists of Pandaria, Starcraft II: Heart of the Swarm, or Starcraft II: Wings of Liberty, will receive a free 60-day game card. (Thanks to TechSpot reader TechGamer for this tip!)

Permalink to story.

Wow, $40 for both Starcraft II and the first expansion. That is a LOT of game for $40. I've played through them both, and I think they're both great games.

Of course $5 for WoW and 3 expansions is far more game time than SC2. May as well plan on buying two months of time if you want to make through all that content.

Buyg wow for juwt $15 is a really cheap deal... but I wont buy it, I will just keep on playing privwte servers

Wow, $40 for both Starcraft II and the first expansion. That is a LOT of game for $40. I've played through them both, and I think they're both great games.

Of course $5 for WoW and 3 expansions is far more game time than SC2. May as well plan on buying two months of time if you want to make through all that content.

Note There was an Ad on Gamestop leaked about one month ago.It seems that they wont be giving membership with the $5 Wow Battlechest but for the 9.99$ Mop you will get a free 60 day Online code :) just if you wish to put it as a notice for people interested.

Damn, I just bought starcraft II: heart of the swarm expansion for 29.99$.

Buyg wow for juwt $15 is a really cheap deal... but I wont buy it, I will just keep on playing privwte servers
Any private servers that have a LARGE population? Every time I try to get on one it just ends up having ~200-300 people in it which is no fun at all.

Back