Blue Background help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Today im not sure what happend, but my desktop background turned blue, then this thing came up prompting me to accept an anti virus agreement, i attempted to close it and restarted computer.

When i loaded it came up with a blue background still, when i right clicked the desktop and clicked propertie's there were no desktop and screensaver options.

Now ive been browsing the web for about 2 hours now to find a solution. Sounded like a SmitFraud problem.. or something like that, i loaded in safe mode.. did those removal program's and i think i might have rid of that problem, but my background still loads blue.

After more browsing i found this thing on a website,that restored the Background And screensaver Option when i right click desktop and click properties. I restore my desktop to normal, and restart computer.. and the options are gone again, and of course the blue screen comes back.

But for a few moments my old background remained, i took a look at my processes to see if something loaded that removed my background, but im not sure.

At the same time the desktop background turned blue. and my AVG alert came up and asked to move phcr6fj0ev0g to the Vault, trojan or something.

That name looked famliar so i added desktop and screensaver option again.. clicked desktop, and the blue background was also named phcr6fj0ev0g.

When i move it to vault.. and add my new background, every time i restart computer the blue background returns, and so does phcr6fj0ev0g.

I dont know what else to do at this point.

I did a HighJackThis Scan i found somewhere, ill add the document when i get 5 post.

Im sick of this blue background! Please help.

Thanks

I was scanning with the MBAM program.. and i walked away for a bit about an hour into the scan, i come back and my entire screen is blue with these alerts.. i couldnt remember all of them.
Top said like Windows shut down computer to prevent harm or something... then like

Bogus something..

restarting..

Came up again.. same thing with a differnt error
Something header..

restarted..
came up with a new error dont recall it, happend so fast i was trying to figure out what was going in..

says to check any recently installed hardware or something not too sure, its getting late ill try to scan it again tommrow.

after some searching, i think its called the blue screen of death error.. read it in wikipedia

I had this same problem

Download and run spybot search+destroy, update, and scan. It should come up as Microsoft.windows.system, or something of that variation, fix it, that might fix it, thats what did it for me, I had the same problem with the blue background, and unable to change the background or screensaver (if you get any BSOD's, shake your mouse or press a few buttons, it should be a fake screensaver that looks like a BSOD.)

windows is shutting down to protect your system

Get me a hijackthis log

couple of options depending on your OS

Combofix
  • Download Combofix to your desktop.
  • Double click combofix.exe & follow the prompts.
  • A window will open with a warning.
  • When the scan completes it will open a text window. Please attach that log back here together with a fresh HJT log.
Caution - do not touch your mouse/keyboard until the scan has completed. The scan will temporarily disable your desktop, and if interrupted may leave your desktop disabled. If this occurs, please reboot to restore the desktop. Combofix is a very powerful tool so please do NOT do anything without instruction

Combofix will automatically save the log file to C:\combofix.txt

Ran combofix, and when it restarted my computer and loaded, no blue screen!!

I think it is fixed thanks

here are a new HJT log and my combofix.txt

Thanks again!

Uninstall Viewpoint from Add/remove programs

I would also recommend uninstalling some of those poker sites, but that is up to you

Then please proceed through the cleaning proceedures posted earlier

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back