Blue Screen, but restarts fine

Status
Not open for further replies.
For the last few days my computer has been giving me a blue screen that automatically restarts my computer. So i changed some setting & now it doesn't restart on it's own. My computer will seem normal for hours, but then it happens again. One thing i noticed was i wouldn't be able to go on any websites (even though i was still connected to the internet) right before the blue screen would appear.

I don't know very much about computers. Can someone please help me?

Hi there,

Could you please upload the minidump files in your machine so we can debug them and get a better idea as to what is going on.

You can find them in

Start > My Computer > C: Local Disk > Windows > Minidump.

Attach 3-4 in your next post (or less if thats all you can find)

Have had a look at all your dumps. All but three of them cite csrss.exe as causing the issues, also ipnat.sys and win32k.sys. The latter can be caused by either faulty ram or corrupt system files. The csrss.exe is actually a common malware issue (from research) and the ipnat.sys is a driver that can conflict with the windows firewall. I actually found this quoted on an explanation

Some malware camouflage themselves as ipnat.sys, particularly if they are located in c:\windows or c:\windows\system32 folder. Thus check the ipnat.sys process on your pc whether it is pest

I would recommend as to clarify whether these are malware related, to actually run through the 8 steps and post the requested logs in the Malware Removal Category

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back