Blue Screen of Death : Begining Dump Physical Memory

Status
Not open for further replies.

Evilperson86u

Hello,I have been having a problem on my computer. One of the problem I have on my computer is that everytime I get on the internet and download clips or big web pages it does a physical dump. Here are the things that I tried doing.

1.) Formated my Computer.
2.) Run ChkDisk (from run)
3.) Scan for viruses and adware with Tread Micro

4.) Took my case apart, cleaned the memory stick
with an eraser and try a diffrent slot.
5.) Blow out all the dust inside my machine.

However, It only happens when I am on the internet. I can read forums such as these that I reading right now. I can read things on google, but I can't download anything off the web without this Blue Screen going on. Here are some more information that was on the blue screen.

IQRL_NOT_EQUAL_OR_LESS
*Stop* 0x0000000a (0x00000100, 0x0000002, 0x00000000, 0x804608fe)
0x804608fe base at 80400000, datestamp 45069e6e ntoskrnl.exe

I don't know what it means, I know that the IQRL "means" trying to acess a level which it can not.

I tried to looking at other forums. I have not tried the memory tester because I do not have a floppy disk.

Please can you help me with this problem. If you would, I would be greatly applause.

If your system can boot from the CD, I think there is a version of memtest that you can run from a bootable CD. You will have to create a bootable CD first

try using the ram in other PC, (without any other ram installed),if it works fine try reinstalling the bios, better if u update it, and please post ur computer specs.

Evilperson86u said:
I have a floppy drive. I just don't have floppy disk. Is there anything else I can do besides spending money first? :(

well floppy disks are real cheap, go buy a box. I think u will find they cost next to nothing...

My Computer

Asus p4s8x
1024 Dimm Kingston SDram 133MhZ (2 x 512's)
40 GiG Hard Drive Western Digital
Asus v9520-x v62.11 Graphics Card
CD Burner
DvD Cd Burner

Operatating System: Windows 2000

I updated the BIOS, I have to let some technician cal em on the phone. I really don't know how the system works for BIOS Upgrades. I went here for upgrades Field http://www.esupport.com/biosagent/index.cfm?refererid=40. Thank you.

1024 Dimm Kingston SDram 133MhZ (2 x 512's)
the above shows you have 2 - 512 sticks of memory. This makes it easy to test memory. Just take out one stick and run the computer if it fails then take that stick out and run on the other. If one of them runs the computer without failing you have your problem solved

40GB Western Digital- I just worked on a system today. I was getting the same BSOD shortly after entering Windows. It was caused by a dieing hard drive

I have done the basic test on testing my memory.

Action: Took one stick out of my computer and turned it on.
Results: Pc just stood there with a blank screen.

Action: Took the other memory stick out of the computer and put the other one back in.
Results: Computer ran fine, it just ran 1/2 normal speed.

Action: Put both memory sticks back in.
Results: Computer booted up, blank screen, BIOS Speaker said " System failure PCU Intact" and repeated untill I turned the system off

Action: Took one memory stick out, and turned it on. I did this with both of memory sticks. So therfore I did this little test 2 times.
Results: Computer booted up fine and ran 1/2 speed of normal.

Action: Put both stick back in the Motherboard Slots.
Results: Turned computer on, Blank screen, BIOS Computer say "CPU Overclocked" "Failure CPU Memory slot"

However, there is still more. I look in BIOS when it was running on one stick. I did not see no hard drive, but it still booted up and went to Windows. It's strange...

Now I just have one stick in and it's running 1/2 the normal speed as I speaking to yall.

As far as the memory dumps, I fiqured its not the memory sticks because BSOD did it to both of them when they were together and when they were spereated one by one.

This is all the information I have. I feel like I shouldn't even "touch" my computer...

See if there is a bios update for your motherboard and apply it. Bank 0 of your memory slots must always have a memory module installed

I got the Bios and the motherboard updated. It still does a physical dump. I have one memory stick on the computer but when I add the second stick the Computer Voice says "Memory error" with a blank screen. Another thing is, when I pull the stick out it's hot, very hot, hotter than the other stick. It was so hot if I left it in my hands, it cook it.

It seems it made my computer more stable.

How do yall post yall minidumps?

the stick that runs at half speed is the good stick and the other is bad. If you get NO BSOD's on that one (1/2 speed) stick use only it until you can get another good one and the computer will be fixed. Generally the computer will be slower and less responsive with only 512 memory than with 1024mb's. Most memory is guaranteed so you might be able to get a free replacement.
Before you discard that bad memory make sure you test it in the SAME slot that the good memory works in. Like was said before, there is a primary slot (bank 0 ) that has to be filled in order for the computer to work. If the bad memory doesn't run the computer in either slot then you know it is bad.
The reasoning is pretty good here, if the computer has a BSOD with both sticks in and no BSOD with the one good stick then your problem is solved.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back