Blue Screen of Death: re-revisited

Status
Not open for further replies.
Greetings one and all. My PC had been being a serious little b**ch lately and has been restarting without warning. The error it gives me is
PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA

STOP: 0X00000050: (0XFFFEFFF, 0X00000008, 0XFFFEFFF, 0X00000000)

Can anyone help me find out what in the nine hells is going on, and possibly help me fix the problem?

Cheers, Marx.

0x00000050: PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA

Requested data was not in memory. An invalid system memory address was referenced. Defective memory (including main memory, L2 RAM cache, video RAM) or incompatible software (including remote control and antivirus software) might cause this Stop message, as may other hardware problems (e.g., incorrect SCSI termination or a flawed PCI card).

* First thing I would do is run Memtest first for a minimum of 7 passes and let us know if you get any errors.

www.memtest.org

Nope, no errors.

Okay, then try the following: Run a harddrive diagnostics by using the free utility provided by your HD manufacturer.

Also, check your system temps and see if your case, video, and cpu fans are working properly.

Well, I was able to solve the problem (by chance).
I've uninstalled ZoneAlarm Pro and the crashes have stopped.
Thanks for your support nonetheless.

Usually it is a hardware issue with 0x50 erros but as the descriptor says incompatible software can be a reason as well. In your case it was ZoneAlarm.

Thanks for telling us. It will help others in the future.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back