Blue screen pretty much every day. Randomly...

For the last couple of months, I have been getting blue screens happening at random. I have been using a program called Who Crashed to see what was responsible. I am running Vista by the way.

And this is what seems to be coming up each time:

On Mon 17/10/2011 07:05:28 GMT your computer crashed
crash dump file: C:\Windows\Minidump\Mini101711-01.dmp
This was probably caused by the following module: e1e6032.sys (e1e6032+0x7252)
Bugcheck code: 0xA (0x54, 0x1B, 0x1, 0xFFFFFFFF81FA4E79)
Error: IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL
file path: C:\Windows\system32\drivers\e1e6032.sys
product: Intel(R) PRO/1000 Adapter
company: Intel Corporation
description: Intel(R) PRO/1000 Adapter NDIS 6 deserialized driver
Bug check description: This indicates that Microsoft Windows or a kernel-mode driver accessed paged memory at DISPATCH_LEVEL or above.
This appears to be a typical software driver bug and is not likely to be caused by a hardware problem.
A third party driver was identified as the probable root cause of this system error. It is suggested you look for an update for the following driver: e1e6032.sys (Intel(R) PRO/1000 Adapter NDIS 6 deserialized driver, Intel Corporation).
Google query: e1e6032.sys Intel Corporation IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

is this serious? Is it something I can easily fix?
I really appreciate any help.
Many thanks..DAVE

Is this a desktop computer with an on-board Internet (LAN) connection? If so, the Network driver may have been corrupted by a recent Windows Update. What is the make and model of this computer?

many thanks for the reply. It's a Philips freevents desktop PC that I have had for a couple of years now. It's connected to the internet with a router via ethernet.
I don't think I have even updated windows recently.
any other ideas?

Go ahead and run Windows Update until there are no more updates found. Vista should be up to Service Pack 1. Keep checking for updates including the optional, until no more updates are found. This may correct your problem

Back