Blue Screen - Windows Vista

Status
Not open for further replies.

cloud^77

Hi

Please help me. I get this error almost everyday and Windows Vista freeze every 4 or 8 hours so I need to manually reboot. I already update all drivers to the newest ones. I checked my RAM, did check disk and uninstall my recently installed softwares (Nokia N95 driver and PC Suite - it all started the day when I installed this, I think), scan for spywares or viruses but my Windows Vista still getting this problem. My computer is already 6 months old but this problem only started about a week ago.

Here is the info:

Windows Vista Home Premium
---------
BCCode: 9f
BCP1: 00000003
BCP2: 870808B8
BCP3: 870808B8
BCP4: 86C32D80
OS Version: 6_0_6000
Service Pack: 0_0
Product: 768_1
Server information: 33a3adbb-19f5-401f-8ef2-7459d9d56891
----------

My PC specs:
----------
Motherboard GA-P35 DS3P
Intel Core Duo CPU E6850, 3 GHz
4GB RAM
GeForce 8600 GTS
250 GB (currently about 75 GB free space)
Power Supply 530W
-----------

Info from DriverAgent:
driveragent.com/driveragent_results.php?hwid=f219d2ebd9fa78ec911cfd92fe3dd57c&PHPSESSID=v4sf49pmopgvd5v4nh52ilr2q0

It says my Graphic Card driver is outdated, but it is already updated to the newest one.

Minidump file:
rapidshare.com/files/99136595/Mini031308-01.dmp.html

Thanks in advance.

According to what you have posted your error is 0x9F: DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE

A driver is in an inconsistent or invalid power state. Typically occurs during events that involve power state transitions, such as shutting down, or moving into or out of standby or hibernate mode.

Some Vista machines are experiencing this when attempting to wake from hibernation.

If want us to read your minidumps you must attach them to your next post.

Thank you, Route44. The file is too big for it to be attached here, that's why I uploaded it to Rapidshare.

This is the latest one:
rapidshare.com/files/99136595/Mini031308-01.dmp.html

I am sorry, I did not know that when it is zipped, the size is now less than 25kb.

I attached it in this post.

Thanks.

The driver cited is atapi.sys which is anATAPI Port Driver belonging to your MS OS software or Standard IDE/ESDI Hard Disk Controller or Controller disco rigido IDE/ESDI standard by Microsoft Corporation.

It seems this issue arises from either USB devices or firewire connections. If you google Vista 0x9F there is a lot on this problem but it seems MS has released a fix.

Here is a link to an article that can shed some light.

http://blog.tiensivu.com/aaron/arch...tive-USB-update-rollup-for-Windows-Vista.html

Keep us uptodate on how it is proceeding.

Wow, that website definitely explains what I have been experiencing lately. My PC always freeze randomly. I guess, it is indeed because of that Nokia N95 that I recently plug to this Vista PC.

I already installed the Microsoft fix and hoping it will work.

Thank You.

I just used a debugger tool, and it shows me this:

* Bugcheck Analysis *

DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE (9f)
A driver is causing an inconsistent power state.
Arguments:
Arg1: 00000003, A device object has been blocking an Irp for too long a time
Arg2: 87078bb0, Physical Device Object of the stack
Arg3: 87078bb0, Functional Device Object of the stack
Arg4: 86bac878, The blocked IRP

Debugging Details:
------------------

DRVPOWERSTATE_SUBCODE: 3

DEVICE_OBJECT: 87078bb0

DRIVER_OBJECT: 8706e6f8

IMAGE_NAME: atapi.sys

DEBUG_FLR_IMAGE_TIMESTAMP: 47916824

MODULE_NAME: atapi

FAULTING_MODULE: 807ae000 atapi

CUSTOMER_CRASH_COUNT: 1

DEFAULT_BUCKET_ID: VISTA_DRIVER_FAULT

BUGCHECK_STR: 0x9F

PROCESS_NAME: Idle

CURRENT_IRQL: 2

LAST_CONTROL_TRANSFER: from 8244b118 to 824d8681

STACK_TEXT:
824f1b54 8244b118 0000009f 00000003 87078bb0 nt!KeBugCheckEx+0x1e
824f1bb0 8244f166 824f1cbc 824f1c88 00000001 nt!PopCheckIrpWatchdog+0x165
824f1bf0 824a99d1 8250a020 00000000 fa9756db nt!PopCheckForIdleness+0x33f
824f1ce8 824a9321 00000000 00000000 0003180c nt!KiTimerExpiration+0x498
824f1d50 824913ee 00000000 0000000e 00000000 nt!KiRetireDpcList+0xba
824f1d54 00000000 0000000e 00000000 00000000 nt!KiIdleLoop+0x46

STACK_COMMAND: kb

FOLLOWUP_NAME: MachineOwner

FAILURE_BUCKET_ID: 0x9F_IMAGE_atapi.sys

BUCKET_ID: 0x9F_IMAGE_atapi.sys

Followup: MachineOwner
---------

I searched around for "atapi.sys windows vista error", and I found this page:
http://support.microsoft.com/KB/943899
This update improves performance, responsiveness, and reliability of Windows Vista in various scenarios. This update resolves the following issues on a Windows Vista-based computer:
• You receive a "Stop 0x000000A0" error when you try to switch the computer to the hibernate state.
• You receive a "Stop 0x0000009f" error when you switch the computer to the hibernate state or to the standby state. Or, you receive this Stop error when you resume the computer from the hibernate state or from the standby state. This problem occurs on a computer that has a wireless network connection.
• The disk does not spin down after a specified time of inactivity.
Additionally, this update can help improve performance when you perform operations that are related to large disk I/O. After you apply this update, you may notice up to a 15 percent performance improvement in some copying operations and when moving some large files.
This was just updated 7 March 2008. I installed it and hoping this time it would work.

is there anything in particular that your are doing when your system issues occur?

Also, are using USB or firewire at the time?

It happened again. The fix did not work. My PC freeze again.

I am usually just browsing using Mozilla FireFox and then suddenly Windows freeze and then if I wait long enough (more than 30 minutes) it will show blue screen so I usually just push the Reset button, and looking for the fixes. I have been doing this for the last few days. :(

My PC is currently not connected with any other devices beside mouse, keyboard, and speaker.

I searched Google and found that many problems with this fix, could it be that KB943899 is the main culprit? I installed this update few days ago (beginning of March (the fix was maybe dated around 26 February 2008), almost the same time when I installed N95 driver, I think). And today, since I found that KB943899 is already updated (7 March 2008), I uninstalled and then installed it again. The problem still occured. Not really sure if I should just uninstall it or not, but it is a recommended update by Windows.

OMG, now I get so many of this Warning Error. Maybe because of pushing the reset button too many times?

Source: volsnap
Event ID: 57
The system failed to flush data to the transaction log. Corruption may occur.

Microsoft website says this:

Additionally, if the disk is formatted by using the NTFS file system, a Warning event that resembles the following may be logged in the System log:
Event ID: 57
The system failed to flush data to the transaction log. Corruption may occur.
This issue may occur if the disk is "surprise removed." For example, this behavior may occur if you remove the disk without using the Safely Remove Hardware icon in the notification area to stop the disk first. This issue may occur even though the disk uses an interface that supports surprise removal, such as a universal serial bus (USB) interface or an IEEE 1394 interface.

But I did not connect any other device to my PC and therefore I could not possibly remove it. This sudden error is really weird.

Uninstalled the KB943899 fix and it still does not work. Windows freeze again. I need to manually reboot it. Is there anyway to check what cause the Windows to freeze?

cloud^77 said:
I just used a debugger tool,...

Please continue to debug your own MiniDumps.

Route44 has already supplied a great deal of advice for you, even though you are able to view and interpret your own MiniDumps.

I would suggest you ask only questions that you do not know. (Note: this will not include checking MiniDumps)

I am sorry but I do not really know what I am doing. :(

All of the things that I have done is based upon searching Google and reading many forums but so far they do not give me the result.

This is just how desperate I am that I keep asking question here hoping someone could interpret it better than I do and help me to solve this problem.

This is all the things that I have done:
- Install newest drivers
- Windows update
- Checking my RAM if they place all right and did Memory Diagnostic Tool
- CheckDisk
- Checking the temperatures (VGA/HDD/CPU - 43/48/34 C) - my casing has the temperature monitor
- Cleaning the fans, fixes all the cables
- Uninstall unnecessary softwares and the latest softwares that I installed (within 12 days period)

Please help me check the minidump file, could it be there is something that we miss?

Same error and same driver cited. I went back and read your first post and as you indicated the problems soon started after you installed the Nokia N95 driver and the suit. You then uninstalled.

Question: Are you sure it was fully uninstalled? If you have any driver remnant left behind they have been known attempt to access addresses even though the program is no longer installed. This can cause crashes.

Go to your Search function found in your Start Menu and do a search for anything with Nokia. Just type it in and take it from there. Uninstall everything having to do with this software. Just be careful.

I already searched the keyword "Nokia", but found nothing, is there any other method? I use Registry Clean, and there are some Nokia registries left, should I delete them? What is the best registry cleaner to use? I am quite afraid to touch registry.

There is this PC Suite Cleaner, but it does not support Windows Vista, and it is dated April 2007, I don't know if I should use it.

Thanks in advance.

No, don't use anything that is not Vista compatible and be careful of 3rd party software.

RegCleaner is a good one and it is free but make sure it works with Vista. You should not have anything with Nokia if you uninstalled it (unless you have some other Nokia software).

CCleaner is another good little tool and they have a Tool that uninstalls.

Can you tell us what Nokia items are still left in the registry?

I already uninstalled all Nokia softwares from "Programs and Features". Maybe there are some leftovers, I am not sure. I searched Google, and it seems that it is not only me who have this problem, their solution is to upgrade to Vista SP1.

Here are the items:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back