Blue screen

Status
Not open for further replies.

prianca

My laptop is getting windows xp symbol while booting as usual and later blue screen is coming and again getting restarted. Its not even working with safe mode. i don know what to do.. pls help me

We need a lot more information from you in order to help you. My first suggestion is to read the sticky by Julio "Before Posting Your Minidumps" as a starting point.

What are the error codes and do they list drivers as well?

No... i dint find it. actually am new to dis site.. so can u pls tel me whr exactly the sticky is?

yar i read that... but am using a laptop. moreover its return go to run and typr chkdsk. my laptop is not even opening in safe mode.. its getting restarted again and again then how cam i do this?

Let's try Memtest to test your memory. This test will take over the second your system starts up. We are trying to see if your RAM is good or not.

See the link below and follow the instructions. There is a newer version than is listed but either one should work. If you need to see what the Memtest screen looks like go to reply #21. The third screen is the Memtest screen.

Let it run for a LONG time. The rule is a minimum of 7 Passes; the more Passes after 7 so much the better. There are 8 individual tests per Pass. Once it does the 8 smaller tests it has completed one Pass. It will then cycle back to test #1 again (and, no, they aren't the same tests as before; it just looks that way). Many people will start this test before going to bed and check it the next day.

If you have errors you have corrupted memory and it needs to be replaced.

Also, with errors you need to run this test per stick of RAM. Take out one and run the test. Then take that one out and put the other in and run the test. If you start getting errors before 7 Passes you know that stick is corrupted and you don’t need to run the test any further on that stick.

Link:https://www.techspot.com/vb/topic62524.html

* Get back to us with the results.

am mentioning this again and again that am using a laptop.. you asked to take out ram rods out xcept one in primary slot.. what should i do for my laptop?

am mentioning this again and again that am using a laptop.. you asked to take out ram rods out xcept one in primary slot.. what should i do for my laptop?

First, you can run Memtest on your RAM in a laptop -- if you have a CD/DVD drive.

Two, on the bottom of your laptop is a compartment that you can access your RAM. If you tell me the make and model of your laptop I can direct you how to do this. It really isn't hard.

*** But first, run Memtest. Go to the link I provided, follow the steps, burn the ISO file to a CD on another system, place the CD in your laptop's CD/DVD drive, reboot with CD in the drive and the test will take over.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back