Blue shadows, but only for some objects

I am experiencing blue shadows to the right of objects on my screen, but only some objects. For instance, all of this text has the shadows, as does my cursor over the text box and interactive objects on wepages, but my background image on my desktop and my cursor when over any part of my desktop are not shadowed. File folders and the like do not have the shadows, whereas they seem to appear in all applications. (I just tested pdfs and paint, they've both got the shadows next to all dark spots.)

Any ideas? I don't even know where to start. First noticed this after a restart a few hours ago.

Try another monitor or try your monitor on another PC to eliminate that as a possibility. However, it sounds like the graphics card is failing. You could try to reinstall or update the graphics driver since it costs nothing to try.

What graphics adapter do you have?

I have an ATI Radeon HD 3200 in my toshiba Satellite T135D. Reinstall of the driver didn't work, could my graphics card really have pooped out after only 2 months? This notebook is brand new.

Make sure you uninstalled the old graphics driver through Programs and Features (Vista or W7) rather than the Device Manager before installing the new driver.

That said, any part can fail prematurely. If the notebook is still under warranty, take it back for repair/replacement of the affected part.

Back