Bluescreen problems Toshiba Equium Laptop

Status
Not open for further replies.

gibb0

hello, first post so if i make a couple mistakes i am sorry. Recently acquired the Toshiba Equium PSM59E laptop and thought it was cool. However after some use im constantly getting bsod, more specifically related to error 1003. At first i thought drivers so went through a revamp of the system. So far it has had new hardrive, new os, complete clean inside and out, mem test on both sticks, defrags, chkdsks all with varied success. Sadly i have to report having no luck and this error keeps coming back to me. I have attatched the minidump files as the sticky says so hopefuly you will be able to give me some advice. Not sure if needed but ill put the specs at the bottom of the page.

Thanks in advance for any help you can provide

gibb0.

Specs:

Motherboard:
BIOS Type Phoenix (01/11/07)
CPU Type Mobile Intel Celeron M 370, 1500 MHz (15 x 100)
Motherboard Chipset Unknown
Motherboard Name TOSHIBA HAZ00/HTW01
System Memory 896 MB

Display:
Video Adapter ATI RADEON XPRESS 200M Series (128 MB)
Video Adapter ATI RADEON XPRESS 200M Series (128 MB)
3D Accelerator ATI Radeon Xpress 200M (RC410M)
Monitor Plug and Play Monitor

Multimedia:
Audio Adapter ATI SB450 - AC'97 Audio Controller

Storage:
IDE Controller Standard Dual Channel PCI IDE Controller
Disk Drive Hitachi HTS541040G9AT00 (40 GB, 5400 RPM, Ultra-ATA/100)
Optical Drive MAT****A DVD-RAM UJ-841S
SMART Hard Disks Status OK

Partitions:
C: (NTFS) 38146 MB (26997 MB free)

Network:
Network Adapter Atheros AR5005G Wireless Network Adapter (192.168.0.5)
Network Adapter Realtek RTL8139/810x Family Fast Ethernet NIC

Inside the 3 MiniDumps:
BugCheck 1000000A, {480c410, 2, 0, 804dbc95}
*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for hal.dll
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for hal.dll
Probably caused by : ntoskrnl.exe

BugCheck 1000007E, {c0000005, 8054b539, f7b33bf0, f7b338ec}
Probably caused by : Pool_Corruption

BugCheck 1000008E, {c0000005, bf80182e, ec63acbc, 0}
Probably caused by : win32k.sys

Please run Memtest for 7 Passes

Yes that's right. During the lengthy scan!

Also, if it does error, you will need to retest with just one Ram card in, to find which ram card is faulty (if they are faulty)
Also, it is possible for Memtest to incorrectly report faulty Ram as Ok (but in most situations, faulty Ram will be detected)

Any errors and you have corrupted memory. RAM can't be fixed, only replaced. If you do get errors then you need to run the test on each of your sticks to determine if one or all have errors.

kimsland beat me to it! Follow his directions and you'll be okay.

thanks for the help, found the damaged memory. I think because ive was using the old mem test it didnt find out. got lots of errors on one of the sticks. i guess thats the only cause, or is there something else i should check as well?

Well done.

As a good suggestion, it is wise to replace all Ram cards (2?)
This is for two reasons:
1 Failed the other might too!
2. Always buy exactly the same Ram cards

By the way, you may be able to return the Ram cards under warranty

well check warrenty via serial number on rear ran out 2006 lol. afraid spoke to soon, got another error, will post the new info tomorow very tired now. ill leave a mem test going on the "working" stick and see what happens. thanks again :D

morning all looking forward to another day of grief from this dam laptop, new mini dump files hope they offer more info.

when you say a week old are you refering to the "athw.sys". If so i am a little confused as the hard drive was only just formated and had xp on two day.

update on mem test. Tested both sets of memory in both slots. Not one single error compared with yesutrdays results very very confused.

I'm going by when the dump file was created. If you've reformatted since the dump was taken then it's no longer applicable.

You'll need to post some new dumps if it continues to crash.

no its same hard drive. I decide to change it 2 days ago to see if the hard drive was at fault. first dump was yesturday evening the second were this morning. The memory was test yesturday where one stick was showing errors. A retest from this morning has not shown any errors. At current i am going through a full system scan using Zone Alarms as someone previously instructed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back