Bluetooth malfunctions when language is changed

Status
Not open for further replies.

pyromaster114

I have a Toshiba M700 tablet PC running Windows Vista ultimate 32-bit edition.

I wanted to run a program that requires me to have the non-unicode language set to Japanese.
I changed it to Japanese, and then proceeded to try and run the program.
Program runs fine.

I tried to connect my bluetooth headset to listen to my music. No luck. I get an error message about copy protection.

What's odd is that if I change the non-unicode language back to English, the headset connects just fine, and it doesn't complain about copy protection or anything.

Any help on this is greatly appreciated. I have no clue what I'm doing wrong.

The bluetooth program you have installed is set to work on one user only
By changing the language it thinks you are another user

I think ipod software does that too :confused:

If it thinks I'm a different user, how would I fix that?

Also, here is the error it gives me:
You cannot connect to a device that is not copyright-protected by SCMS-T method.

You could uninstall it fully from the original language settings, then install it again under the new language settings ;)

Well, I guess I'll try that...
But I assume then if that worked if I ever revert back to the default (English) non-unicode settings, then I'd have to uninstall and re-install the bluetooth thing again...
Oh well I'll give it a try and see if it even solves the problem.

Well, that didn't work... at all.
The thing still gives me the error about copyright protection.
I'm starting to think that maybe the driver / manager software has some objection to being run with the non-unicode language set to Japanese.

If it helps, the problem arises when I try and connect the Audio sink service to the headset.

I don't know why there's even copyright protection on such a thing... is there a way to disable it?

If not, is there a way to have just one program run with the non-unicode language set to a different thing than the rest of the OS?

Some of these "bluetooth" programs have their own tech forum
Although I feel it must be copyright protection only on the installed program not the language file (ie it's difficult to uninstall fully and start again)

I hope that you receive other replies, because I'm where you are at -> :confused:

Well thanks for trying kimsland...
This problem is by far one of the stupidest problems I've ever seen.
I wonder if there's a way that I can tell the bluetooth program (or at least make it think) that the non-unicode language is set to english? I'm going to keep trying...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back