Boot problems

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello everyone. Im new to this site so I apologize if this is in the wrong location, but i have a serious problem. I came home from class today and turned my screen on to my desktop to find a blue screen with white numbers every. After hitting a few keys and getting no response it simply had to turn it off using the power button. When I tryed to start it back up it gets to the bios screen i think and just stops. I have to hit enter for anything to happen and then I see "Disk Boot Failure, Insert system disk and press enter". So as it says I insert my vista home premium disk and try to repair it. After trying every repair option and none working i decide to just reinstall windows and just loose a few files but heres my big problem. When it asks where to install windows it gives me to drive options. Im lost from there on. Any ideas?

What you should do is tell it to do an "Advanced Installation", and delete the current partition. Then tell it to format the partition and install windows to it. That is it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back