BOOTMGR is Compressed Windows 7

abbasi

Hello guys,

I have a trouble I have never ever faced it!!
The laptop I'm going to install Windows 7 X86 on it is MSI CX41. But the very strange problem is this that it's second time I install Win 7 on it. Each time this message is appearing:
BOOTMGR is compressed.
type ctrl+alt+del for restart
I don't know what the problem is.
I have done the works of here (
).
But couldn't fix the problem.
Please help.

Try this http://www.howtogeek.com/forum/topic/bootmgr-is-compressed
I think it has to do with your previous installation was using disc compression, but a new installation cannot write the boot records to a compressed drive. You can use compression only if you have a working OS in the first place. The conclusion might be - your HDD is not big enough for your requirements any way, so why not start with a new HDD ?

Thanks for your reply.
No it's large enough but I don't know what the problem is. Also that link didn't work for me.
After I type in bootrec /fixboot, it say "The volume does not contain a recognized file system. Please make sure that all required file system drivers are loaded and that the volume is not corrupted."

You can always use a software to wipe the disk clean. Then reformat it. This will let you install win 7 then. Try googleing a program called Kill Disk. This may help you with your problem.

Back