Brother Printer does not have an IP address

Hi, I'm new so hopefully I give you enough info to help me.

I bought a new Brother printer (MFC-7480DN) and connected it first to a Mac and then to my PC. I can't get the wireless to work and it's too late to return it but it is under a year if I need to use the warranty.

I do not have an IP address! I have been through ALL of the troubleshooting on their site. I have reset the Network settings a million times and printed the Network Config page a million times as well. (Dramatized) My printer works flawlessly when connected and I have the correct drivers. I can access the printer settings from their software while connected without a problem.

Here is what the Network Config page says:
Node type: Brother NC-8200h. Ethernet 10/100BASE-TX
Node Firmware Version: Firmware Ver.1.00 (10.10.22)

IP Address: 0.0.0.0
Subnet mask: 0.0.0.0
IP Gateway: 0.0.0.0
Boot method: Auto
Boot Tries: 3
IP Filter: Disabled

Under Protocols:
They all say Enabled except IPv6 and LLTD, Those are both disabled.

Also, when I go through the settings on the printer itself Network->Status->Inactive.

There is more but it's a lot to type so please let me know if you need anything else off that page.

I have also tried to set the IP address myself. I put in 192.000.000.192 because I read that was the default for Brother printers, that did not work. I also set the Subnet mask to 255.255.255.000 while I tried that.

How do I make this work? It's driving me crazy. All I want to do is use Google cloud print and be able to be in my bedroom with my laptop and print. No other Brother printer I've had in the past has had this issue but I always connect them to my PC first. DAMN MY MAC!! I think that's how this happened.

One more thing I tried

I just went into the Printer control menu on my computer and went to "Properties" as the Administrator. Under the heading Port. I picked a port that was not being used. It is called a "Standard TCP/IP Port" and it's IP is 192.168.1.17
I thought this would be ok because another Brother printer I don't have trouble connecting to is using one of the other similar ports.

So then I changed the IP address of my Brother printer to this.. Still isn't working but now when I go back to that spot, my printer's model number is showing up and I feel like I might be getting somewhere, just need a little more info.

Yes, I'm sure it has built in wireless, that's why I bought it.

I don't know how to make a print server but that is something to look into.

I have already tried everything Brother says to do. I guess I can try calling them.

Back